cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam / Prank calls to Sprint Iphones

80 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Spam / Prank calls to Sprint Iphones

On your iphone, you have the option to block the number, no matter what the number is!

Journeyman

No, they aren't. They just told you that to placate you.

Journeyman

That's untrue. They cannot, or probably more accurately, will not block ANY international calls.  Like the rest of their customer service associates, the representatives in the international department are completely inept and useless.

Journeyman

I've have been receiving both of the numbers mentioned for almost 2 years and I've mentioned the issue to Sprint at least 4 times and know one has ever known about, so nothing could be done and after awhile I just got tired of asking and stopped answering any calls from any unknown telephone number.  So thanks for letting me know about the numbers represent UNOWN and PRIVATE NUMBER,  I set both up as contacts and changed the text tone and vibration to none.  This will cut down on the aggravation until Sprint gets off their butt and gets this problem resolved.  Verizon doesn't have this issue...

This problem only adds to all the issues I have experienced with Sprint in the last year.  I've been a Sprint customer, via a few smaller companies, for almost 20 years and their overall customer service, specifically response time to take care of service related issues/problems, hasn't improved at all...it's gradually gotten worse and in the last year, it seems to be downward spiral.  I'm done with attempting to be patient and it's evident that there is no reason for me and anyone, to be a loyal Sprint customer for almost 20 years.  November 12, 2013 cannot come soon enough...  

Journeyman

You know how if you are talking on a landline and you have an existing call, and a call waiting and then hang up. You forgot about that other call waiting, so it rings back?

It just happened to me. Here is my scenario:
Talking to Caller #1

Caller #2 beeped in

Spoke to #2

Switched back to #1 and dropped that call

Returned to #2

Hung up with #2

Immediate ring from this mystery number.

To me, it felt like as if #1 had never truly been dropped. Like a ringback number.

Journeyman

Luckily it seems to have stopped shortly after my reply.

Journeyman

I just received 7 of those today most of them hang up, but two of them told me I was accepted for my loan..which I never ask for of course, and then told me I was stupid, that he had all my information name, address, ss...?

I just put a police complain on them , whoever they are.

Journeyman

I am getting this as well, and when I answer it hangs up. Is everyone that gets this an I phone customer? Does it ever stop for anyone? on a lighter note.. Could this be Bill Gates pulling a prank?

Journeyman

This has been happening to me for over a year. I now know who it is!!! I stopped being friends with this person and I blocked there number and they started calling me from 7748283686237 which is what I believe to be one of those free government phones. when they call sprint private that number comes up. three days ago this person called me from a relative phone and said I know you see me calling you and I said no! the only number I seen was a call from a number I marked don't answer spam!! I said call me from your phone now! and when they did that number came up!! And I said so you have been calling me back to back being evil all this time!!!! of course you know the answer was not me!!! but I know it was because it stopped for a while when I changed my number. So it could be someone you know!! Im checking to see if I can find an app that will not allow these call to come through. If not I will be leaving iphone going back to android.because I'm sick of turning my ringer off missing important calls.. I want to try the new samsung galaxy 4 anyway!!!!

MzDee

Journeyman

It seems to me that if Sprint cannot do anything about this for at least 2 years now then that is a breach of contract and I can get out of my contract without penalty and go to a carrier who actually takes care of their customers. If I told them for 2 years that there is something wrong with my checking account and my check was always late and didn't fix it, I'm sure something would be done.