cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint iPhone Confirmed!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iPhone Confirmed!

funny - I don't remember Dan Hesse, Steve Jobs or anyone else CREDIBLE from Sprint or Apple coming out and saying that there would be NO iPhone. Until then, I'm holding out hope. You don't want an iPhone? Then don't get one. Stay out of threads wanting one and trying to be a negative nelly!!!

Highlighted
Wizard

Sprint iPhone Confirmed!

Trying to be as nice as i can so the police on here don't give me another ticket but there was a story put out by apple to a news source and also someone posted in this forum somewhere but apple is not going to release the iphone 5 on sprint cdma.It is that simple.I am not a troll i am not a sprint tool but i have had sprint for 11 years and for the money i love Android over Iphone's nerdy OS.

But aside from the fact i would not get the iphone anyway it has already been stated not until the iphone 6 will sprint see it.I mean really apple has already came out and said it and if you search iphone threads on here you will find the one with the story and link in it.Have a nice weekend hope everyone you are a great one.

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Sprint iPhone Confirmed!

The problem is this.The other companies do NOT have a true unlimited plan anymore.The data sucking iphone is going to cost a lot more on the other carriers.There is a ton of difference from the Hero to the photon or the SGS2 which will be out next month or the EVO 3D...I understand many do not like Android but there is so much you can do with it then the iphone OS.I have a friend who has 1 and i have posted this before but we traded for a day and that night i was way more then happy to get my htc evo 3d back while he wanted to play with it more then take his iphone back.

Unless you have owned one of the newer android phones like the evo 3d or the photon but only with the older ones you are missing the boat.The IPHONE is just a name and everyone wants the name.If paying $20-40$ more per month just to own the name makes you happy then by all means do what you got to do.But if sprint stays with its unlimited plans as is they will continue to get more and more people defecting from the other carriers who now are going away from unlimited plans.

It a perfect world everyone would be happy but that can't happen so in the end do what you got to do but for me I love android 10x more then the IPHONE OS and a $30 less per month bill.

Play nice and best wishes to everyone so the thread police do not get mad at me but i do hope everyone gets what they want in the end but it will not be a iphone 5 on sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iPhone Confirmed!

JETER2711 wrote:

The problem is this.The other companies do NOT have a true unlimited plan anymore.The data sucking iphone is going to cost a lot more on the other carriers.There is a ton of difference from the Hero to the photon or the SGS2 which will be out next month or the EVO 3D...I understand many do not like Android but there is so much you can do with it then the iphone OS.I have a friend who has 1 and i have posted this before but we traded for a day and that night i was way more then happy to get my htc evo 3d back while he wanted to play with it more then take his iphone back.

Unless you have owned one of the newer android phones like the evo 3d or the photon but only with the older ones you are missing the boat.The IPHONE is just a name and everyone wants the name.If paying $20-40$ more per month just to own the name makes you happy then by all means do what you got to do.But if sprint stays with its unlimited plans as is they will continue to get more and more people defecting from the other carriers who now are going away from unlimited plans.

It a perfect world everyone would be happy but that can't happen so in the end do what you got to do but for me I love android 10x more then the IPHONE OS and a $30 less per month bill.

Play nice and best wishes to everyone so the thread police do not get mad at me but i do hope everyone gets what they want in the end but it will not be a iphone 5 on sprint.

Okay this is a red herring, "data sucking iPhone", does not the EVO or any other android phone use data, web browse and stream movies.  They even sync with your email, contacts and Gtalk.  So wouldn't in fact they be sucking the same amount of data?  This argument is irrelevant and nonsense.  I for one have been using apple computers and IPods for a long time now, their customer service is outstanding, why wouldn't I want to have all my devices work seamlessly together.  Android isn't for everyone, although a very good OS, I just don't want it.

@  Jeterbug Your condescending views on the subject do not help nor are they informative. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iPhone Confirmed!

I really don't see Sprint going away anytime soon even if they don't get the iPhone. If AT&T dropped the iPhone they might go out of business because the iPhone is 80% of their business. A store employee told me this! When I go to Sprint stores I see lots of customers going for the Android phones of choice. I never believe rumors about any devices Sprint might get unless Sprint employees confirm it. Look at all the recent stories about the Palm Pre 3 coming to Sprint. I felt that something was wrong when HP bought Palm. No one knew what was going become of the Pre 3. Now HP is getting rid of it before it even hit the market!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iPhone Confirmed!

I will be happy to go to the iPhone if Sprint gets it. Particularly now that WebOS devices are gone and Blackberry is fading fast. I do not like the android system. So please Sprint work with Apple and get the iPhone on your system.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iPhone Confirmed!

As a iPhone 4 and Evo 4G owner....

I never understood the crazy hype about the iPhone 4, other than a nice fashion trinket.            The phone is good...don't get me wrong...battery life is awesome (unlike the Evo).  It really isn't that GREAT of a phone.  It's more about status than anything else..It's what all the celebrites use.....

Tell you what....the Samsung Infuse 4G for AT&T in my opinion is superior to the iPhone (my fiance owns one).   Has a 1.2 ghz processor......it was CHEAPER than the iPhone 4 ($99 @ best buy),  4.5" superamoled screen...and HSPA+.....and it was a lot lighter than the iPhone and Evo for that matter. 

I hear complaints all the time about the Evo...and a lot of these complaints I find odd.  My Evo runs pretty flawlessly and has been for a year.  I work for Sprint and most of the time people have issues with their Evo is because they think it's cool to have a thousand downloaded apps on their device, with about 2 task killers and 4 battery meters running @ the same time...aka "noobs"   The iPhone runs great.....iTunes sucks donkey nuts.     If iTunes wasn't a requirement...I'd be elated.        I own an iPod and even an iMac....  I love apple products but I don't see the huge reason why the iPhone is the cure-all for mobile devices. 

For the sake of keeping Sprint in competition (and my future employment), I do thope the iPhone comes to Sprint...this way all the fanboys and girls who think the iPhone is the holy grail would stay with Sprint and get the iPhone.   People are willing to spend more money per month and be on tiered data limits to own an iPhone (some recession we have...) 

The stock in Sprint has gone down considerably and with the holidays coming through......we need a BIG 4th quarter to bounce back.....and the iPhone is good temporary solution.      The LTE rollout would be the long terim solution. 

BTW my next phone is probably going to be the BB Bold 9930...that thing rocks!.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iPhone Confirmed!

I have my eye on the Motorola Photon but for now I'm using a Samsung Transform my first android. Phone. I was using a Palm Pre. It was good phone but it was lacking voice control and it didn't support flash so I use it as a spare phone now.  I won't be overjoyed if Sprint gets the iPhone because it's overated!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Only reason why I want an iPhone is because of the battery life. I have an EVO 4G and I have FIVE batteries for it. I like the android system and was hoping for HP's WebOS, but since they're out of the game... Even if Sprint sells the cheaper iPhone that's suppose to release to AT&T and Verizon I'll take it just for the battery life. I wouldn't use iTunes or any of that BS. It would be strictly used for phone calls, web browsing and gps from time to time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iPhone Confirmed!

New evidence that the iPhone is coming to Sprint.

The Wall Street Journal reports

that Sprint will offer the iPhone 5 when it launches later this year, becoming the third U.S. carrier to offer the iPhone. According to the report, the iPhone 5 will launch simultaneously on Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T in "mid-October".

Sprint Nextel Corp. will begin selling the iPhone 5 in mid-October, people familiar with the matter said, closing a huge hole in the No. 3 U.S. carrier's lineup and giving Apple Inc. another channel for selling its popular phone.

The timing, however, indicates Apple's new iPhone will hit the market later than expected and too late to contribute to sales in the company's fiscal fourth quarter, which ends in September. Most observers had expected the device to arrive next month.

The iPhone 5 will debut on AT&T and Verizon at the same time, and Sprint is said to also be gaining the iPhone 4.

Highlighted
Journeyman

KCGILBERT wrote:

New evidence that the iPhone is coming to Sprint.

The Wall Street Journal reports

that Sprint will offer the iPhone 5 when it launches later this year, becoming the third U.S. carrier to offer the iPhone. According to the report, the iPhone 5 will launch simultaneously on Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T in "mid-October".

Sprint Nextel Corp. will begin selling the iPhone 5 in mid-October, people familiar with the matter said, closing a huge hole in the No. 3 U.S. carrier's lineup and giving Apple Inc. another channel for selling its popular phone.

The timing, however, indicates Apple's new iPhone will hit the market later than expected and too late to contribute to sales in the company's fiscal fourth quarter, which ends in September. Most observers had expected the device to arrive next month.

The iPhone 5 will debut on AT&T and Verizon at the same time, and Sprint is said to also be gaining the iPhone 4.

Is it really necessary for you to keep reposting the same thing a dozen times in different threads?

"people familiar with the matter said"

A good example of another worthless article that does not cite a source. Half the readers of this thread would probably consider themselves "familiar with the matter," just becasue it's on a Sprint forum.

Internet Rumors, that's all it is.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iPhone Confirmed!

So glad to see this - I'm hoping that it's 100% true and we'll have it this fall. I'm ready to jump ship now!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat