cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint only unlocks 3 lines per account? Is this true?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Sprint only unlocks 3 lines per account? Is this true?

So I called sprint about 5-6 hours ago. And I was told my 5 devices will be unlocked. The lady said she could only unlock 3 at a time and said call back in 4 hours. So I did and some guy answered and he told me that I could only get 3 devices unlocked for international use on my account. I wanted to know why sprint is always misleading and what  can I do about this situation because I am traveling and I will have a useless phone on the trip with me. In this case I will have to buy another phone if I don't get this one unlocked. Is it possible to get the remaining 2 devices unlocked? Please I need an answer tonight. Thank you for all your help.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Sprint only unlocks 3 lines per account? Is this true?

rkamhaz -

The short answer is no. This is not true. There are a few prerequisites for a phone to be unlocked.

- the account must be in good standing (which yours is since you got the other 3 lines unlocked)

- the device must be compatible for international travel

- the device must be on the account for 90 days before qualifying

Are the two lines new to the account or older model phones?

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks for the above information. But how would I get the remaining 2 unlocked if he told me that I cannot unlock more than 3. I'm going crazy looking for an answer because I leave in less than 1 week. And all 5 of us are leaving so they are going to have theirs except me and the other line.

Wizard

If the last two lines meets all three requirements, I would call again because the person I spoke to stated that it could be done. If you can't get someone to do it, send the numbers, your PIN, the country you are visiting and a link to this post to sprintcares@sprint.com and we will reach out to them to see what we can do.

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Just sent the email. Hopefully everything goes correct before next week. Thanks for your help KiKi

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat