cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint to Offer iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3

Wizard

Sprint to Offer iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3

Sprint today announced that it will offer iPad Air 2 with Wi-Fi + Cellular and iPad mini 3 with Wi-Fi + Cellular later this week. iPad Air 2 is the first tablet from Apple to connect to Sprint Spark™, an enhanced LTE service with the added capacity to greatly improve the performance of video and other bandwidth-intensive applications. iPad mini 3 will connect to Sprint’s 4G LTE network.

“iPad Air 2 combines our powerful Sprint Spark network capability and aggressively priced rate plans for an outstanding customer experience,” said Marcelo Claure, Sprint CEO. “We know iPad Air 2 customers will demand advanced speeds for personal and business applications so we are very excited to welcome this Sprint Spark-powered device into our lineup. There is no question that this is a very exciting time to be a Sprint customer.”

iPad Air 2 is the thinnest tablet in the world – weighing less than a pound yet packed with amazing new innovations, including a new anti-reflective Retina display, all-new iSight and FaceTime HD cameras for better photos and videos, an A8X second-generation 64-bit chip that delivers improved CPU and graphics performance, faster Wi-Fi and LTE wireless, and the revolutionary Touch ID fingerprint identity sensor. So thin and light you can comfortably hold it all day long, iPad Air 2 gives you access to the more than 675,000 apps specifically designed for it – all while delivering great 10-hour battery life. The iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3, also including Touch ID, come in three gorgeous metallic finishes – gold, silver and space gray.

Sprint’s 4G LTE network serves 522 cities and more than 255 million people, making it easy for customers to take advantage of all the great features on iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3. In addition to Sprint’s all-new 3G network and its 4G LTE network, Sprint is deploying Sprint Spark, a technology that is built for data and new generations of online gaming, virtual reality and advanced cloud services. It enables stutter-free video chat on-the-go and mobile gaming that leaves lag behind.

Sprint Spark delivers average wireless speeds of 6-15Mbps and peak wireless speeds of 50-60Mbps today on capable devices, with increasing speed potential over time. Sprint is on track to reach 100 million Americans by year-end with Sprint Spark.

Customers can add iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 to their Sprint Family Share Pack for an access charge of $10 per month per line. Through December 2015, Sprint will waive the $10 monthly access charge on iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 added as new lines of service to any Sprint Family Share Pack 20GB or higher.

The Sprint Family Share Pack is the best value for families with a new shared-data plan that offers double the high-speed data at a lower price than AT&T and Verizon Wireless on nationally available plans. Sprint is offering a limited-time promotion for the Sprint Family Share Pack – for a family with up to 10 lines, switch to Sprint and get 20GB of Shared Data and Unlimited Talk & Text while on the Sprint network for only $100 a month through 2015 after the waived access charges.

iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 can also be activated on one of the Sprint tablet data plans, including a special limited-time offer featuring 100MB of data for $10; other tablet data plans include 1GB for $15; 3GB for $35; 6GB for $50; 12GB for $80; and 30GB for $110 (all pricing excludes taxes and surcharges). Customers are able to view their data usage by logging into My Sprint at www.sprint.com.

Customers can buy iPad Air 2 with Wi-Fi + Cellular and iPad mini 3 with Wi-Fi + Cellular at all Sprint retail locations, online at www.sprint.com or by calling 1-800-Sprint1. For complete details on pricing, please visit www.sprint.com/ipad.

For more information on iPad, please visit www.apple.com/ipad.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Sprint to Offer iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3

I Did not read anywhere on this article from sprint that iPad Air were also back ordered up to 4 weeks.  Why?  Is the demand also very high for the iPads air.  Clearly this is an Apple problem.  Kinda sad.  But ASprint should make consumers aware prior to ordering instead of informing them until after order was placed.  Very misleading and desciptive on Sprints part.

Master

laytonjo,
Thank you for feedback. We will make sure that we pass your feedback into the right hands. We hope all works out for you. Hang in there. - Lamar
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Amen laytonja...because if I had known that I would have just gone into the store and made the purchase.

Journeyman

When I placed my order on October 24th I was not aware that the iPad air 2 was on back order 4 weeks, had I known that I would have just gone into the store to make the purchase.  My reason for the investment was because my son needed it for his college class, if he has to wait 4 weeks that's going to put him WAY behind.  I think Sprint should inform customers of the delay before they order, not after.  At this point I am very disappointed and dissatisfied.

Master

gracieleec We truly apologize for the inconvenience. It is not our intent to disappoint you. We are working closely with the manufacturer on inventory needs. We will send devices out to our retail channels as quickly as they arrive

Lavauna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat