cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SprintVMM //ANDROID:Message from ${from}.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SprintVMM //ANDROID:Message from ${from}.

I have found numerous posts regarding constant text messages from SprintVMM 9016, with a message similar to: 

//ANDROID:Message from ${from}.CFGs1840.0=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX   (The string of X's change from message to message)

I was with Sprint (with an Android device) a couple years ago, and I just returned, getting an iPhone X. These messages come in a few times a day, and I am not able to find out how to stop them.

All of my searching here and on other resources has not yielded a solution. Most Sprint community posts end with a rep offering up private messages to the reporting user, so there has been nothing I can really try.

Is there anyone that knows a 'publicly' available solution?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: SprintVMM //ANDROID:Message from ${from}.

i have a feeling the solution is them getting into your account and resetting something

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

sargothas,

Hey! Have you installed any SMS third party app recently? Are you currently using Google Voice?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Kryshna:

Thanks for your reply. 

I currently use a brand new iPhone X with no special voice mail software.

When I was with Sprint 2 years ago, I had an Android Phone.

I have not used Google Voice since 2011. I did, however log on to Google voice, and deleted all history/activity. It is no longer associated with any phone number.

The messages are still coming.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I mentioned I do not use third-party voice mail, I also have no third-party SMS. Only stock IOS apps.

Highlighted
Community Manager

@sargothas  Yeah, it's due to the Android to iOS switch.  It's the VVM notification for the old VM platform.  We have to submit a ticket to get you removed from the old platform.  Sooooo...I hate to be this guy, but can you PM me your phone number and I will get the ticket created for you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am still getting multiple notifications every day.

Are there any other paths that I can take to try to put a stop to them?
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey sargothas. Did you send the Private message to Em_Will_I_Am as requested? They need to create a ticket to have the issue addressed.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I PM'd him on Thursday last week., and was later told that the case had been resolved.

I received more erroneous text messages Thursday night, so I sent another PM Friday morning. I was then told via PM reply, 'OK, standby', but I have heard nothing more since.

The text messages are still being delivered to me multiple times per day since then.

Highlighted
Community Manager

My apologies @sargothas, network is still working on it. Essentially, I am trying to walk them through it without killing your voicemail.  I don't want to fix one issue and create several others.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @sargothas, surgery is complete.  You should not receive the messages anymore.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat