cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming music on iphones...skips alot.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Streaming music on iphones...skips alot.

My wife and I just got iphones.  Me a 4s her a 4.  We're on the Sprint network.  This is my first smart phone and using myspeedtest, 4s gets .47 download, 4 get's .62 download.  I know that Sprint is currently having issues with their 3g on 4s but both my wife and I are having issues streaming music on the network.

When using Pandora, iSub, LivePhish, Spotify, Archivist the music skips pretty constantly.  When using Sirius, it works fine. 

What I want to know are those speeds pretty typical for a 3G user?  Does streaming music tend to skip on iphone?  Is there a solution.  If this is how the network is going to be, I want out. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

Interesting that you have both a 4 and a 4S to compare. I read elswhere that the 4 has not experienced the slowdowns that the 4S has. You are good test subjects! Sounds like you are just reporting your experiences. How about hers with the 4?

Highlighted
Journeyman

My streaming music skips too, always has though.  Pandora wouldn't play at all on my Pixi...my iPhone has been pretty darn good.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is most likely due to the speed (or lack thereof) of the network where you are at. Try it on Wi-Fi, if you have no troubles, then that's the problem. You might also be able go into the settings and lower the quality of the streaming to help minimize the skipping/buffering (I could on my EVO). When I'm in the city it's pretty much flawless, but out in rural areas the coverage can be a little more hit or miss.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat