Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to Sprint with BYOD iPhone X and can't send MMS

Journeyman

Switched to Sprint with BYOD iPhone X and can't send MMS

I switched to Sprint from Verizon and brought my own iPhone X. Since the switch, I can't send mms; this includes pictures to non-iPhone contacts as well as replies to group messages that include a non-iPhone contact. I've contact Sprint via phone support, I've had a ticket open for over a week now with several different support teams calling, trying a couple of things,  and escalating to another team. This has gone on now for over a week and is very frustrating! They have had me reset all network settings on 2 separate occasions (and advised me after the first time that I would lose all stored WiFi passwords), ##update# several times, turn MMS setting off and back on, unpair my appleWatch, now I'm told I need to do a hard reset on my phone (wiping all content and setting it up like a new phone.) This seems very excessive for simple carrier switch.

Has anyone had a similar experience with MMS not sending after bringing a phone from another carrier? If so, how did you resolve it?

31 REPLIES 31

If you sign completely out of your Apple ID, can you send MMS?

@mase2201 wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am I tried those exact steps and I still cannot send MMS.

@Em_Will_I_Am What additional steps would I need to do to sign completely out of apple ID beyond Facetime and iMessage?

Settings - iTunes & App Store - Tap on your Apple ID - Sign Out.

Or 

You can always reset the device as new via iTunes.

@mase2201 wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am What additional steps would I need to do to sign completely out of apple ID beyond Facetime and iMessage?

@Em_Will_I_Am No, I cannot send a MMS while signed out of iTunes & App Store.

Any error message?

@mase2201 wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am No, I cannot send a MMS while signed out of iTunes & App Store.

It just never completes. This is nearly 24 hours later and you can see the green progress bar still. When I do get an error message it's, failed to send. 2B442747-FB3E-4322-B5DC-3C05D0CAB99A.jpeg

Ahhhh, I see the problem.  You are a Bears fan.  My apologies and condolences. PM me your number and I will get a ticket created for you.

@mase2201 wrote:

It just never completes. This is nearly 24 hours later and you can see the green progress bar still. When I do get an error message it's, failed to send. 2B442747-FB3E-4322-B5DC-3C05D0CAB99A.jpeg

The backup is not the issue because I had the MMS issue before the restore. Here's the chronological order:
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat