cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking on the iPhone from another carrier.

Journeyman

I was wondering - now that you have the iPhone support and I spoke with apple who advised the CDMA phones for Verizon and Sprint are the same than will you allow us to use our Verizon iPhone 4s? I am just wondering since I already owned one but lef them to be with Sprint and I have the blackberry torch which has been working terribly! It would be a lovely option if you would allow us to save some dollars and use our VZ iPhones.

6 REPLIES
Wizard

We cannot activate a phone from another carrier. However we do have an option to buyback your old Verizon phone. Visit www.sprintbuyback.com for details on how much you can get for your old iphone!

Journeyman

Yes you can. You just won't because you want him to buy a new iPhone from you instead.

Hit google man. I'm sure there is plenty of info out there about unlocking an iphone

Journeyman

I was already told that they can do it all they need to do is submit a request to take the number of the VZ phone and submit it to their system. Its kinda suckish cause you guys will only give me 200 for the phone and a 100 for my brand new blackberry which does not even cover the cost of the iPhone on your plan. I have had Sprint only over a month. Sucks cause verizon offered special pricing for people who were the account holders to get the iPhone upgrade. I am keeping your service and just wanna use my iPhone I dont feel that is unreasonable.

Wizard

Re: Taking on the iPhone from another carrier.

That would be the process. However I'm not sure where you are planning on having this done at since we've been advised we will not load the serial number of an iphone from another carrier into our billing system.

Journeyman

Again, because you need to meet that huge sales quota and want everyone to buy a new one from you

Journeyman

When in Sprint's history have they ever allowed VZ phones to be activated on their network (and vice versa)? Why would you think the iPhone is any different?

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.