cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk and surf simultaneously

Highlighted
Journeyman

Talk and surf simultaneously

Can some please tell me when will iOS devices will be able to serf and talk at the same time... I’m new to sprint and didn’t do my research, but hey it is what it is.. I left Verizon not because the service was bad.. never had an issue with dropped calls or a issue with talking and serfing the net, there prices was getting crazy, so I left... the only way you can serf and talk on sprint is on WiFi” ok cool, but what if your stuck in traffic and on a conference call, where you need the web to conduct your business, your SOL.. can someone tell me if sprint will catch up? Sprint is a big company and make billions of dollars not to be up to date.... is the CEO really putting money to the towers.. someone please explain...

thanks 

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi @Fbedell3, At this moment Sprint's network does not support Voice and Data usage at the same time, as you mentioned on the post. But until we implement this technology in the future, you can take advantage of using Wi-Fi Calling or Calling Plus (For more details click or tap on the text underlined and blue).

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Ok thanks for the reply, I have an iPhone X and calling plus isn’t an option for me... but I did ask a sprint employee from whom I bought me and my wife phones on when will we be looking to get to serf and talk, I was lied to and said July 2018 ok I’m more  aggravated because I should have been told the truth.. ok I get at this point and time it’s not available to serf and talk, but they could of been honest to me and told me they don’t even have a  resolution  For this matter... there were all nice when I paid 800 to get me and my wife phone, but to lie to me leave a really bad taste.... but hey y’all already have my money but I have 14 days to return... not good business on sprint part.. not a happy camper 

Highlighted

Hi All,
I recently switched from Verizon and now have this same (voice and data) at the same time problem. It looks like it's been on Sprint's roadmap for a couple years, is there a solid date on when we can expect this functionality?
I didn't even realize this function wasn't available until after I switched. This could be a huge problem for anyone trying to read a map while being on the phone, or trying to access important information while on the phone. Is there an expectation to have it by mid-2018? 

Thanks for your time

Highlighted

At this moment we don't have that information available, as soon as we get more about this, we will let all our customers know this.

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

@trost___

did you bring your own device from the other carrier or did you purchase a device from Sprint? and if the later of the two which device did you get?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Yes, I did bring my own phone to the network. It is an iPhone X model A1865.

On Verizon I had the option for Voice + Data, but now on Sprint that option has disappeared.

Looking forward to an update on when the functionality will be available!

there are many rumors out there pointing at some time this year but like many rumors take it with a grain of salt..if something can pop up and delay it there is a good chance it will happen.

Verizon deployed VoLTE on their network to cover their current devices while Sprint was deploying all their tower upgrades that did not include this just yet. thats why there is such a delay between V kicking it out and S. i know most single antenna Sprint devices have received what is called Calling Plus that includes the ability to make calls and use data at the same time but its not quite VoLTE..keep in mind that Apple isnt a huge fan of adding things to their phones that they didnt come up with..so until VoLTE gets kicked out you guys/gals might have to limp your way through it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

i know most single antenna Sprint ANDROID devices have received what is called Calling Plus that includes the ability to make calls and use data at the same time but its not quite VoLTE..keep in mind that Apple isnt a huge fan of adding things to their phones that they didnt come up with..so until VoLTE gets kicked out you guys/gals might have to limp your way through it.

made a slight adjustment to my post. Calling Plus mainly hit the Android side of things..i could have sworn something was kicked to the Apple side as well but their abilities were a bit off compared to Android Calling Plus. this would have been prior to the X kicking out so it might still be waiting for it to be pushed by Apple. i will have to do some digging on this one. especially to see if it did in fact get something and if its limited to devices purchased from Sprint only or not. im leaning towards Sprint only devices though.

Highlighted

I appreciate the quick reply!

Guess I will put my patience cap on and wait for VoLTE support.
Highlighted

You’re correct. Instead of Calling Plus we have Wi-Fi Calling. I know the calls will go over Wi-Fi, not sure if sms messages will too. But I use iMessage primarily so I’m safe 😎

Highlighted

i could have sworn there was something else with the Apple side though. im not exactly an Apple fan so i tend to not keep up on what they receive/havent received unless its a topic that is brought up lol.

ok so i get a tad bit curious at times and like to keep semi up to speed on the Apple side..just not as much as the Android side of things lol.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat