Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to sell IPhone, but showing Financed

Highlighted
Journeyman

Trying to sell IPhone, but showing Financed

Hey Sprint,

I switched from Sprint to another carrier and had 4 phones with Sprint. I was able to sell the two Android phones without any issues. The two IPhones that were on my account still show "Financed" so they cannot be sold. I have been trying for over a month with over 10 calls, multiple transfers and a couple chat sessions. Everyone I talk to has said the phones are unlocked and paid off. I've been transferred numerous times to different departments. On the 10th call I was told one of my two IPhones was not unlocked after being told a dozen times it was. The guy I talked to said it would be unlocked and he saw the issue with the Financed part and I was told it would be fixed. This was over a week ago. I never received a email or call back saying if the problem is fixed. According to Swappa.com both IMEI still is showing "Financed". 

I am getting tired of calling and explaining the situation multiple times and probably spent over 10 hours on the phone the past month. Is there anything else I can do to get this fixed? I am losing out on a lot of money through the sale of these phones. I have the IMEI numbers if anyone at Sprint can help. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Good morning @Estantz, thank you so much for reaching out to us. We'd like to review this issue and get you a resolution. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

@Sprint_Jeffrey, I have the same issue. I have two phones that I bought unlocked from the Apple Store, paid in full, not affiliated with Sprint at all.

As soon as I transferred them onto my Sprint account, their IMEIs are now marked as Financed and unable to be sold. What's the best way to resolve this?

Highlighted

I'm still trying to get it resolved with him. He has been emailing me back and forth multiple times since I posted this. After trying multiple different things to get it fixed, it has been escalated to the tech team. I haven't heard back because of the holiday. They are both still showing financed for me.

Highlighted

Hello CacheHit. Let's take a closer look into this for you. I sent you a Private Message, please check your inbox.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I am having the same issue with a Samsung S7 that I purchased outright from Sprint.  I decided the screen was too small and purchased another phone to use instead of the S7.  However, I can't sell the phone until I get the Sprint financing cleared.  I called Sprint support and they said the phone could be activated on Sprint, but it still comes up as "financed" under the IMEI check impacting my ability to get a good price for the phone.  Help!

Highlighted

That's weird. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. I'm going to private message you to get some more info.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat