cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking old iPhone 4s

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unlocking old iPhone 4s

I have an old sprint iPhone 4s that hasn't been under contract for around a year now and I have a friend on t-mobile and his contract doesn't end for another year and he still has a flip phone so I want to give him the old iPhone. Is there a way to unlock the iPhone if it is no longer under contract?

Tags (2)
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Unlocking old iPhone 4s

anitagf,

Thanks for reaching out to us. With regards to unlocking a phone, we would do so for international use, however the device has to be on an active Sprint account in good standing and have been in this status for at least 90 days. We do not unlock the devices for domestic use. Thank you.

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

My iPhone 4S is still under contract, and about to end on December, what should I do to unlock it and use it in Honduras. @awdel87

awdel,

Thanks for your post. In order to unlock a phone for international use, our WorldWide team would need to assist. The device would need to be currently active on an account in good standing and have been so for at least 90 days. If this is the case, you can reach out to them here > http://sprintworldwide.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

SPRINT CHEATING IPHONE 4S CUSTOMERS

I try to unlock my iPhone 4s after complete contract. THEY READY TO unlock for GSM outside US. They don't unlock for GSM usa network. They restrict the use of IPHONE EVEN AFTER CONTRACT. I updated to new iPhone 5s 11/08/2013 and before unlock i call the sprit customer service to unlock and they say they unlock the phone already. Now sprint customer service they just wasting time and move from one customer to another . ATT and Tmobile they unlock just in one day and u can use the phone as u like.

mathewmathai,

Thanks for your post. With regards to unlocking domestically, recent legislation prohibits it, which is what Sprint follows. We are able, however, to unlock for international use with the set parameters listed above. Thanks.

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Dan, I would like to point out that the legislation law that you are referring to prohibits third-party unlocking. It does not prohibit a carrier to unlock from their own service. Sprint just chooses to not unlock cause they are trying to force customers to stay with them by keeping them from using their own property with another carrier.

Journeyman

I agree. Sprint is only confusing customers while trying to sound legalistic. Totally unacceptable. Problem is, all sprint employees talk like this. May be they are specially trained to obfuscate and confuse the customer. So sad. What would they gain by junking a perfectly usable iphone?? We are never going to go back to sprint. Whats the point. Is the company sadistic??

rafiqul [Personal Information Removed]

Boston

Message was edited by: The Moderator - This is a public forum. To protect your privacy, please do not post any personal information including phone numbers, full address, email address, or account number and/or PIN.

Master

Keep in mind, on the time the previous post was posted, It was illegal to unlock a phone. Now days you can unlock it via 3rd party.

Sprint will not do domestic unlocks, at least until Feb 2015.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Bullcrap. Obama signed into legislation a bill requiring all carriers to unlock all phones:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-signs-bill-unlocking-cellphones/

Journeyman

There is a way out of the unlock problems at a  better price too. Go to  Ting - mobile that makes sense , a Sprint reseller and check out their service and costs. They are a good alternate to Sprint from my experience.

Master

Bob9768 - Hi there, If you have any questions or need any assistance, let me know! I'm here to help. - Erica
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat