cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Network (Update Profile) - Purpose and Steps (Apple iPhone)

Wizard

Updating Network (Update Profile) - Purpose and Steps (Apple iPhone)

This post is intended for reference for customers and Social Care agents for steps on updating the profile on an Apple iPhone (4,4s,5) device.

Updating the profile will ensure that the proper programming information is saved into a device. *It will correct a missing or incorrect profile that may result voice, data and text issues.

Steps:

From the dial pad type in: ##873283# (##UPDATE#) and press call.

A message should appear stating the update has been initiated.

Once complete a new message should appear stating the update has either completed or failed. If the update fails, ensure the device is in Sprint Network coverage, power cycle the device and try again.

photo 1.PNGphoto 2.PNG

Please feel free to contact me via private message with any questions.

Thank you,

Chris & The Social Care Team

*The update profile is not a fix-all and may not solve all problems. This step is intended to correct problems caused by missing or incorrect programing in the device.

Please reach out to a Social Care team member if you problem continues.

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Updating Network (Update Profile) - Purpose and Steps (Apple iPhone)

How would this work with a Samsung Galaxy S3?

Master

Hippie1836,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your question.  To do this on the S3, you would just need to go into the Settings Menu, then Sprint System Settings, and finally updating the Profile from there.

Sincerely,

KC
Sprint Social Case

Journeyman

Thx for this post. I have been having intermittent exchange issues on iPhone 4s for a while and deleted/added my acct to no avail many times, but it looks like this network profile update deal finally did the trick. Any other 4s users had this or similar issue before?

Highlighted
Master

cajunidiot1,

Glad to hear that your issue was resolved. Please know we are always here to help!

SarahG
Social care
Journeyman

Does this work on other phones as well? I recently moved and both of my phones aren't working as well now... Horrible signal... One is an iPhone 4 and the other is a galaxy s3.

Master

Michaelklacic,

Thank you for reaching out. The ##873283# and call will work on iPhones to update the data profile. Please refer to the steps provided my teammate KC in response to Hippie1836 earlier in this thread to update the data profile on the S3. In the meantime, I’d like to take a closer look at the local network where you are. What specific service related issues are you experiencing? Please share with us the location that this occurs the most by providing us the zip code and nearby cross streets.

Regards,

Audrey

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Anyone know what's the next step after ##update#. I only get upload speed of 0.3-0.5mb while download speed of 3-4mb? I live in Cerritos California.

Master

JH.Huynh Thanks for asking! Another good step is to power-cycle your iPhone by pressing and holding the power and home button simultaneously until the apple logo appears. Also, let me know which iPhone model you are using and the location you are recording these speed tests. Thanks! David Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Do I have to pay when I use ##873283#

Sprint Social Care

Good morning andresamaya23

Not at all. The ##873283# simply used to update the phones PRL. PRL stands for Preferred Roaming List and is a database used in CDMA Sprint phones.  It's built and provided by your carrier, and used when your phone is connecting to the tower.  It indicates which radio bands, sub-bands, and service provider IDs will be searched for, then allows the phone to connect to the correct tower.

This is a free service.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat