cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Eligibility

Journeyman

Upgrade Eligibility

I'm not eligible for an upgrade discount yet.. can I pay full price for the iphone?

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Employee

Upgrade Eligibility

I would imagine that you can, in the past we have always allowed purchase at full price any time. you will see it here if that changes.

No longer working Community Response.
Wizard

Upgrade Eligibility

Additionally you should check out the Sprint Buyback Program - it can be a way to discount the full retail price of a new device by selling your old device back to Sprint! How cool is that!

Journeyman

Upgrade Eligibility

Thanks for the inf

Journeyman

Upgrade Eligibility

something to think about: assuming you signed your contract prior to sept 9, 2011, your ETF would be less than $250 (it gets smaller the longer you are in the contract) ADDING that to the cost of starting a new contract with a different service (verizon or att) it's still less than the likely retail price of the iphone. ALSO taking into consideration that all three major networks are within $10 a month of each other, depending on your usage habits/budget that might not be a huge difference. 

SO if sprint wont sell you the iphone for a good deal, you could easily switch networks and have it be cheaper than staying with sprint and paying full retail for the phone.

Wizard

Re: Upgrade Eligibility

Of course you can pay full price (I'm sure they will accept if you want to pay more than full too ), although as someone mentioned somewhere else, if the phones have high demand and are hard to come by, Sprint is going to provide phones for new contracts first. Even though they will make more money on your phone sale, they will make even more locking someone in for two years.

You are pretty much going to waste your upgrade discount when it becomes available... or at least postpone realizing it's value until you actually buy another phone, assuming you're willing to go two more years at that point. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, and coincidentally, my EVO has been acting up of late, too. Hard resets seem to be the only fix. Will get tired of reloading my contacts, apps, and all those personal accounts and settings.

Looking into the option of paying the ETF at this point might make sense.

Journeyman

Re: Upgrade Eligibility

I only see the preorder iPhone 4s for the 8GB only, when are there gonig to be the 64GB iPhone 4s available for SPRINT?

Journeyman

Upgrade Eligibility

The preorder is currently only for the iPhone 4, which is only available in 8GB. The iPhone 4s will be available for pre-order tomorrow (Oct. 7) at 12:01am PST in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB configurations.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Upgrade Eligibility

Best Buy is doing Pre Orders for it at full price only for this reason.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat