cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the differences between Apple OS and Android (assuming a person wanted to consider the iPhone on Sprint sometime soon)?

Journeyman

What are the differences between Apple OS and Android (assuming a person wanted to consider the iPhone on Sprint sometime soon)?

I have been hearing all of the hype about the iPhone making its way to Sprint, but I am wondering what the benefits/drawbacks would be.  I have an Android 2.2 (Samsung Epic 4G) now and am considering an upgrade this fall.  Do you recommend I stick with Android or, assuming it is available on Sprint, switch to iPhone?

I appreciate your opinions..

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Re: What are the differences between Apple OS and Android (assuming a person wanted to consider the iPhone on Sprint sometime soon)?

The Apple iOS is a very structured and locked down operating system with near flawless integration with the hardware (iPhone). You will get the same relative experience on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPhone 5. Unlike on your Samsung, you will receive updates to the OS throughout the life of the iOS version and probably through newer iOS versions until your hardware no longer supports the new version.

Your visual experience with iOS will be the same as everyone elses' as there is no custom homescreens like on the various Android phones. When it is time to make your purchase, be sure that you take the time (days if necessary) in the store to play with the phones and get use to how they feel and how they work. Don't let anyone rush you (remember you are the customer) so don't buy on launch day.

Apple makes a very solid phone with a rock solid OS. However I enjoy the HTC Sense experience on my EVO 3D and have been (with the exception of a year with the Palm Pre) carrying an HTC device since about 2005.

Palm Treo 700p, PPC 6700, HTC Touch, HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 3D.

dd

I choose to be an Advocate for Sprint. In order to comply with FTC rules I must state that I was a SAGE 2011 attendee. Expenses associated with SAGE 2011 were covered by Sprint Nextel Corporation and HTC.  My attendance at the event in no way precludes me from speaking in favor or against items of interest to Sprint or HTC.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat