Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with iPhone sim when reselling iPhone

Highlighted
Journeyman

What to do with iPhone sim when reselling iPhone

I currently have an iPhone 4s.  Due to various reasons I plan on selling this phone, but I'm curious as to what to do with the provided sim.  I understand that Sprint uses a CDMA network, so can any personal information be obtained from the sim?  With AT&T it was easy, I would just keep the sim and the buyer would insert their own, but I'm not sure with Sprint.  I'm afraid that if I keep the sim, it might be hard for a buyer to get a new one from Sprint, but then I don't want to hand over the sim if there are privacy issues involved.  I tried to google this scenario but didn't come up with anything, any help would be awesome.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

I didnt realize Sprint used sim cards.  I sold mine.  Got $550 for it.  I warned the guy who bought it how slow it was but he really wanted it.  I met him at a Sprint store and they transfered the line over and supposedly did a factory reset which was suppose to clear everything. 

I really dont care I guess.  I didnt have the phone for long.  It took me two weeks to realize that this wasnt going to work and to sell it.  So I dont think I really had any personal information on my phone anyways.

Highlighted

If you keep your SIM card and sell your phone to another sprint user, all the sprint user has to do is get with the sprint world wide team and can purchasea replacement SIM for $35.00.

Ray

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat