Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When are we getting the Iphone!!

SOLVED
Highlighted
Journeyman

Why does everyone care so much for the Iphone? Unless its simply for reasons of jumping on the bandwagon then I understand.

BUT

if you view this issue in a logical manner switching carriers and possibly paying cancelation fees just to get an iphone is ridiculous.

First off, Verizon charges an arm and a leg to get on with them. I'm a college student and i was looking for a good individual plan, and in order for me to open a plan with Verizon they were charging me 400 dollars just for the deposit. ridiculous.

Secondly, this isn't simply a matter of over the table negotiations. Apple is a very strict market to tap into and they are very limited on who they associate themselves with.

Thirdly, the app market for apple charges for EVERYTHING. If you were to run a side by side comparison on cost of apps on an android and apple...it would be way cheaper on an android phone, not to mention android is quickly surpassing apple as the most commonly used platform in the world, so a wider distrubution means more apps to choose from.

Like i said, if you are complaining about not having an iphone on sprint, then you are looking at it the wrong way, Sprint has released 2 excellent 4g phones that Cnet.com even ranks as top choices, maybe if you didn't jump on the band wagon, you would realize the market is more expansive than just a logo.

Journeyman

You know nothing against the Iphone but they are now trying to keep up with Android. Why do you actually want the iphone? So you can say "look at me I have an iphone". I have used the iphone and my 3d blows it out of the water. Not only that I can do as I wish with my Android based phone, where as anything you want to do with you iphone "HAS" to be done through itunes.... FTMFL. Tell me one thing that iphone has that Anroid does not?

Here let me pay to cancel my plan, then pay a new carrier for an iphone only to get limited data. O

Journeyman

iPhone! uPhone! we all want an iPhone!  What is up Sprint?!? 

If I didn't live in a canyon that only gets Sprint, I would have left a long time ago to get one....but I have heard there are now signal boosters so I will investigate.

It isn't that I'm not willing to try what you offer. I called every day when the Evo came out and returned it in a week.  Too heavey.  Too hot.   My finger pads must not be where they should be because I could not make the touch screen behave at all ... maybe when you are over 50 your finger pads also wrinkle and they are not where you think they are!?!  I tried the Rumor or one of the slide out key boards....again, impossible. I have no trouble with the iPhone at all when I use those that belong to friends.  

Again, iPhone. uPhone! we ALL want an iPhone. 

Master

I understand your frustration   But the folks who post here do not have the information much before it is made public  When we can give out information we try to do so

Journeyman

Hi Knight:

I don't understand the sentance  "when we can give out information we try to do so".   Who is the WE and what is the 'try'?  Do you work for Sprint? Will you give information out before the press release?  can you tell us what is in development and what the ETA is?

Master

Re: When are we getting the Iphone!!

When we can give out information   refers to myself and  others who post here who are Sprint employees.   We try to do so.  was my error I meant try to do so in a timely manner.  Normally the information is released through publicly before we get a chance.  Sorry for not being clearer

Journeyman

why do so many ppl care that others want an iPhone? In the essence of full disclosure I used to be one of them, but I've moved on. Are there phones that do more? sure. But if there was a single phone that was far better than any other phone, everyone would have it. This just isn't the case.

I have an EVO and switched from an iPhone 4 last year. Personaly I like the EVO better for the type of user that I am. But for the alot of ppl, the experience on an iPhone is better than that of the Android platform in some cases. Apple is a user experience company and are able to move hardware b/c they are good at putting together a seamless experience through their software.

Some like it, some don't...who cares. If the iPhone comes to Sprint it's good for ALL of us! It would bring more options to Sprint for us and also bring more customers, allowing Sprint to continue to expand their network, particularly 4G, ultimately making all our service better.

Sorry for the rant...just don't know why ppl continue to criticize what other ppl prefer.

Granted, the flipside of this is for those who say "OMG IF SPRINT DOESN'T GET THE IPHONE THIS YEAR I'M LEAVING I'M NOT WAITING ANYMORE FOR IT, :GROBBLE:GROBBLE:GROBBLE:". If you want an iPhone that bad, why haven't you gotten one? They've been around for 4 years so you've gone through at least 2 2-year contracts. Just go buy one already. However, if you're anything like me, the added features you may get with an iPhone don't outweigh the month to month cost savings.

Journeyman

Hi Cory:

I'm just curious about when Sprint will get the iPhone because I found the Evo a disaster for me -- too heavy, to hot and most important counter intuitive to how I think.  When the supreme court  made 'proprietary' decision allowing any company to have any phone was a year ago, I thought sprint would have one.  If I had ATT reception where I live, I would have bought one.  But only Sprint works where I live -- so there are no choices for me.  Hence, I keep asking.  I have a Blackberry whose small screen makes any on line services inconvenient and difficult to read. Now AT&T (again) has a full screen slide Blackberry -- which we do not have.  So it is just annoying.

It is my understanding Apple wants/charges steep royalties for the iPhone to the providers, which Apple, nor the providers will disclose. Until VZW paid Apple an undisclosed amount for the R&D necessary for CDMA it was a GSM only phone. I don't own a droid or iOS phone, but if I were choose one, it would probably be droid. I am not excited about either, but it seems to me Apple is just biting it's time to get Sprint to pay what it wants for licensing, etc.  Will the iPhone come to Sprint, probably at some point, but it depends on wher they are with negotiations on it, and what version, 4 or 5, customizations Sprint wants, and what Apple is willing to do, and for how much. The iPhone is loosing to the droid market in the way of sales, but who knows, maybe Sprint will make an announcement next week. I don't think the Sprint Employee's that are on here can comment on release dates until it is public information, I know my Company has a policy that prohibits such. It is not so much Sprint's fault, but the SEC takes a hard look at announcements made by any employee of any company, which reveals information that could raise or lower the stock price. They just have to be careful and who knows, they may not even know yet.

Journeyman

Thank you Dale.  I suspected as much regarding licenses and money, etc.  However could you take a minute to explain the alphabet soup to me?

What is VZW  CDMA  GSM  and iOS (I guess is iPhone operating system) .  if you don't have a droid or iphone what system do you have?

VZW paid Apple an undisclosed amount for the R&D necessary for CDMA it was a GSM only phone. I don't own a droid or iOS phone,

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.