Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where'd my contacts go??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where'd my contacts go??

I just activated my new iphone 4s after leaving my life as an Sprint android user.  When I've upgraded in the past to other androids, my gmail account has carried my contacts over to the new phone.  I just checked and there are no contacts on the new iphone.  I'm clueless...can someone help me out?  Thanks a million if you can.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Also, Facebook has carried phone numbers over to my androids before...but no dice with this new iphone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

gmail is google and iphone is not a google phone so thats why your contacts are not rolling in,not sure but i guess you gonna have to input them into your new  iphone one by one,i guess thats the price you pay when leaving a google phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same issue but saw that I could export them to a iPhone type file (when you do an export it gives you 3 choices of file type output). then send an email to yourself with the contacts file as an attachment. Then open the email using the iphne and click on the attachment and it wll ask you if you would like them loaded to your contacts list.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

If you have your previous phone, you can use these directions from Sprint Support to copy your contacts over:

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Learn_how_to_transfer_contacts_from_an_Android_or_BlackBer...

Also, Google has provided some instructions for setting up Sync with your iPhone to your Google accounts:

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138740&topic=14252

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Wizard

Keep in mind that if you sync with gmail, you have to keep gmail on your phone.  If you try to sync and then delete the gmail account, it will remove all the gmail contacts as well.

Also, if you only sync with gmail's email, you will not get your contacts.  You need to sync (as per the link by wingland) through exchange server for it to bring contacts over.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had an HTC Hero which used the Google/Gmail contacts.  Sign in to your gmail account and verify your contacts are there.  Start iTunes, plug in your iPhone with the sync/charge cable, select your iPhone under Devices.  Go to "Info" and there you can choose to sync your contacts with Google Contacts.  After you have synced your Google contacts you can uncheck the "Sync contacts with Google check box and you will be prompted about removing the Google contacts from your phone.  Select NO.

Of course you can continue to use the Google contacts if you wish, but I chose not to.  Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Journeyman

You have to set up you're google account using Exchange for your doodle contacts to sync.  Check out the following link.

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138740

Highlighted
Journeyman

I exported my GMail contacts and imported into my iCloud account. This way no matter what email I use my contacts remain on my phone.  I also enabled my settings on Facebook and I was able merge my contacts and those who had phone numbers in Facebook are now showing up.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat