cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why wouldn't sprint add sprinttv for the iPhone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife surprised me with a new iPhone and I must say at this point I'd rather have my epic?  I basically have to start all over with the apps? Some I have to keep it, anyone have any "must have" apps? What's good for music? My iTunes crashed again so I lost all my music.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Apple dictates what goes on the iphone.

It is unfortunate that you have to get new apps, but since you're old phone was an android, there is a totally new operating system.  A lot of your old apps will also be available on the iphone (but if you paid for them before, you'll have to pay for them again).  If you're looking for streaming music, Pandora is probably the best.

If you had previously purchased music on itunes, once you set it up again, I think you should be able to get all your songs that you bought from them back.  All your other songs that you ripped from cd's will be gone.  Next time, the best bet would be to back up all the music onto another drive or disc.  It's possible that you can back up to icloud, I think, depending on how much music you have.

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Why wouldn't sprint add sprinttv for the iPhone?

If you are new to Apple and iphone there's definitely going to be a learning curve. Just like going from PC to Mac you can't just seamlessly go from Android to iPhone (iOS). Just make sure you determine if the iPhone switch is really for you before your 14 day return is up.

Wow, you actually used Sprint TV? I've found it to be extremely limited and have barely had much use for it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I use it when I'm at work and things are rolling smoothly!  Lol. Just want something to pass the time. Another question I have is how. An I sync to gmail? They were unable to transfer my contacts to the iPhone so I'm Rollin around with all my wife's numbers? Is there a way that I don't have to have all her contacts mixed with mine?

Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

I never used sprint tv on my bb anyway so I can't say that I miss it. As for why it's not there, if sprint wants to put any of it's apps on the iPhone ( tv, nav, etc.) they need to develop a version for iOS and then submit it to Apple for approval and it will then be placed on the app store as a sprint exclusive app. I know this cause I downloaded a NFL app yesterday, went to launch it and got a message the app was for Verizon iPhones only.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat