cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Calling and Sprint 19.1

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wi-Fi Calling and Sprint 19.1

I recently updated my Sprint version to 19.1 to enable the Wi-Fi calling feature.  That feature works great !!  But now I am having signal issues.  I keep getting bounced off of LTE and get a 1x designation...  Once it locks in on 1x the only way to return to LTE is to put phone in and out of airplane mode or do a reset.  This all started with the upgrade to 19.1 NOT the iOS update...  Anyone else having this problem or have a fix ??? 

Thanks

David

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Wi-Fi Calling and Sprint 19.1

CFDTruck - Thanks for reaching out with this issue. I definitely understand how frustrating this could be. With regards to your Airave have you tried switching your device to 3G only? The issue with Wi-Fi calling is something that we have pushed to our techs. There are some trouble shooting steps that you can try. You will want to verify that you have a strong connection with respects to your Wi-Fi. you may also want to minimize the amount of connections to your home router when trying to use Wi-Fi calling.

Sean
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

Sean, I don't have an airave. The issue is with the iPhone when away from my house. I lose my data connection. It goes from LTE to 1x. I then have to reset the phone to get LTE back. With thee other iPhones around I am the only one at 1x. The other three have LTE Data.

Journeyman

CFDTruck- Thank you for your response. Please backup your phone through iCloud and go to setting>General>Reset>Reset All Settings and Content.

This will delete all of your information on your phone so please make sure you back up your phone before following this process. Let me know if this helps.

If this does not work please take your phone to the closest Sprint or Apple service and repair store.

Thank you

Colleen
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Colleen, thanks for your reply. Just left the Sprint store. They did a ##update# for me and we are gonna see if this helped. Thanks again.

Journeyman

CFDTruck- You're welcome. Thanks for the update and please keep me posted.

Colleen
Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat