my phone just got a carrier update to 31.1 and the wifi calling came back

No carrier update for me as of yet. 

Journeyman

Re: Wifi Calling IOS 11.2

@jweaver wrote:

@dnorway71 wrote:

my phone just got a carrier update to 31.1 and the wifi calling came back

No carrier update for me as of yet. 

Just got my carrier update. It operates the same. Wi-Fi Calling registration problem still persists. 

Journeyman

I had to reboot my iPhone in order to force the carrier update.  Once the carrier update went thru, I got wifi calling back.

You might need to restart the iPhone and possibly turn back off and back on the wifi calling feature.

Michael

Journeyman

@night4188 wrote:

I had to reboot my iPhone in order to force the carrier update.  Once the carrier update went thru, I got wifi calling back.

You might need to restart the iPhone and possibly turn back off and back on the wifi calling feature.

Michael

Sadly I tried that. Maybe it’ll work better tomorrow morning. 

Journeyman

Havent received carrier update yet. 

9C3B1A60-E3C3-496F-BCA9-BA326EF106DC.jpegSame old same old

And battery life has worsened. 

Journeyman

Rebooted the phone. Got the carrier update and installed it. Wifi calling came on within 30 seconds. So far so good....

Journeyman

starfishnet, go to Settings > General > About.  Wait a few seconds, and it should prompt to update carrier settings to 31.1.  I clicked on carrier a few times before mine prompted me.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

It started getting better for me. Even Voice Call Continuity is working good though even though I have a bit of feedback for it. 

Sprint Wi-Fi Calling iOS 11.2 Fixed Carrier Update 31.1

Journeyman

So far, so good here as well.  After the carrier updated to 31.1, Wifi Calling came back right away.  I rebooted my phone, and Wifi Calling came back after entering my passcode.  It seems to be working as it was before.  I'll keep an eye out to see if any other issues develop.  

fullsizeoutput_d3b.jpeg

Journeyman

Make sure you try Voice Call Continuity if you ever get the chance. It works pretty good. That video I attached is myself starting the call over Wi-Fi to my voicemail box and then continuing it over LTE.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat