cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling IOS 11.2

Journeyman

Re: Wifi Calling IOS 11.2

It seems my Wi-Fi calling under the new update worked for exactly 12 hours after installation of the update and then it doesn’t after that. 

I belice i updated around 6 PM EST last night and then my Wi-Fi stops working completely at 6 AM EST. 

Journeyman

Spoke too soon, mines gone again 😒

Journeyman

@MJMarovelli wrote:

Spoke too soon, mines gone again 😒

I have an iPhone 8 Plus. I went to Field Test Mode *3001#12345#* and went to PDP Context Info and I know the normal APNs such as n.ispsn, otasn, pamsn, and vowifi. All of them are missing. vowifi is the Wi-Fi calling APN unless they changed it. The only APN I have listed are n.ispsn (main LTE data) and a mysterious ims APN

Journeyman

MIne has been flipping on and off all morning.  It stay on for a while then when the phone goes to sleep it disappears.   Sometimes a few minutes later it comes back on.  So it is improved but not stable yet.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hi All - Sprint has been able to resolve this issue on Wi-Fi Calling.  It does require an update on the device.  

Go to Settings > General > About. This will prompt to update the Carrier Settings. Accept this prompt.

The Carrier Version will show as 31.1 in the About menu.

This update will allow Wi-Fi Calling to work consistently again.  

Journeyman

Sorry to say YellowJacket445, wifi calling after carrier update 31.1 still not working. iPhone 6s, 11.2 iOS, 31.1 carrier update, hard reboot, toggled wifi calling off, then on again, waited 10 minutes, no wifi calling. Then reset network settings, toggled wifi calling off, then on again, waited 10 minutes. STILL NO wifi calling! Wifi calling worked perfect before iOS 11.2. Pretty disappointing to say the least. 😞   

Journeyman

Solved the issue for me... I didn't know this was an issue that would require carrier settings updates not available until 8:32 AM CST... While I understand this is a cutting edge issue, CSR's should still be able to escalate the issue... CSR fail.
Journeyman

Mine still doesn’t work either. iPhone 8 Plus iOS 11.2 Sprint 31.1

Community Manager

@jweaver Completely disable Wi-Fi Calling.  Do not turn it off and back on, but a complete disable.

On the phone, select Settings > Phone _Wi-Fi Calls.

Ensure Wi-Fi Calling is ON. If Wi-Fi Calling is OFF: Slide Wi-Fi Calling to ON

On the Wi-Fi Calls screen, select Update Emergency Address

IMG_0007.jpg

On the 9-1-1 Address page, scroll down and select Deactivate Wi-Fi Calling Service.

• Disable not displayed: Wi-Fi Calling is not enabled.

Capture.JPG

Select OK to restore the default network configuration for mobile calling.

IMG_0009.jpg

Once completed, turn off the device, turn it back on, enable Wi-Fi Calling and give it a try.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@jweaver Completely disable Wi-Fi Calling.  Do not turn it off and back on, but a complete disable.

On the phone, select Settings > Phone _Wi-Fi Calls.

Ensure Wi-Fi Calling is ON. If Wi-Fi Calling is OFF: Slide Wi-Fi Calling to ON

On the Wi-Fi Calls screen, select Update Emergency Address

IMG_0007.jpg

On the 9-1-1 Address page, scroll down and select Deactivate Wi-Fi Calling Service.

• Disable not displayed: Wi-Fi Calling is not enabled.

Capture.JPG

Select OK to restore the default network configuration for mobile calling.

IMG_0009.jpg

Once completed, turn off the device, turn it back on, enable Wi-Fi Calling and give it a try.

I tried that but I didn't get any success.

Community Manager

What is the error when you attempt to deactivate wifi calling? 

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

What is the error when you attempt to deactivate wifi calling? 

I don’t get an error. It deactivated successfully and activated successfully but still can’t get Wi-Fi Calling. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat