cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling IOS 11.2

Community Manager

Re: Wifi Calling IOS 11.2

As someone mentioned earlier, 11.2.1 is to address HomeKit vulnerabilities and should not have any impact on Wifi Calling.  I've updated 2 iPhones in the lab here and Wi-Fi Calling still is working.

Journeyman

I updated to 11.1.2 this evening. As Sprint has stated, it does not appear this has negatively impacted Wifi Calling. Once my phone updated, it connected to Sprint Wifi right away. I restarted, and received the same result.

I’ll update tomorrow once the update has time to settle. 

Journeyman

Also updated my iPhone 6S to iOS 11.2.1 and Wi-Fi calling is still working properly.  We have not had any further Wi-Fi calling issues since upgrading to carrier update 31.1.  Been working flawlessly at my residence and business.  The only issue we have been having is sending photos via text and sending plain text to Android phones.  But this has been going on for some time.  Never have any texting issues iPhone to iPhone.

Journeyman

I updated my 6s+ and iPad air 2 to the latest iOS 11.2.1. 

I think everything went well with the update. I did not lose the Wi-Fi text. 

Thank you all for your feedback. 

I hope this remains constant. And next time we lose the wi-fi calling, we all know why. 

Journeyman

This worked!!

Journeyman

I’m at 11.2.1 and still no Wi-if calling. Has this issue been resolved?

Journeyman

@JVASQUEZ55 wrote:

I’m at 11.2.1 and still no Wi-if calling. Has this issue been resolved?

Did that device get the updated carrier settings?

Journeyman

Never mind ! Carrier update....
Journeyman

Thanks!

Journeyman

This same thing is happening to my phone as well. I have the 6s plus and I’ve been not the phone with sprint for two days now and I have been told to do all the same things and more. Still no WiFi calling. It is important that I have that feature where I live because of the cell service. Even though I’m a half a mile away from LTE. But I need my WiFi service ASAP. Now they want me to reset my phone to factor settings. But I can not do that because of things I must keep on my phone. This is unacceptable the way this is happening especially when you’ve been with sprint for countless years. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

this is an issue with the update that apple pushed out conflicting with Sprints wifi calling..there was another update released semi recently to 11.2.1 . is your phone updated to this?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat