cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling IOS 11.2

Journeyman

Wifi Calling IOS 11.2

Upgraded to IOS 11.2, carrier update 31.0 on iPhone 8 Plus.  Ever since, I have been having major problems with Wifi Calling.  I also confirmed via other forums at Macrumors and Reddit by a Google search it may not just be me.  

I have reset my network settings twice, restarted my router and cable modem, toggled wifi calling on the phone from on to off, reconfirm my emergency address, restarted my iphone, etc.  By turning on airplane mode and turning it off, I was able to get it to reappear for a while.  Once again, it dropped after receiving a notification from an application.  When I received another notification from a different application, it reappeared after a few minutes.  Not sure what is going on, but it does not appear to be my network, but possibly a botched carrier or IOS update.  

Is anyone else having issues?  

178 REPLIES 178
Journeyman

Re: Wifi Calling IOS 11.2

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem. I have tried exact same attempts to correct it. The "Sprint WiFi" will appear for awhile and then disappear.

Journeyman

Thank you for your reply. There are several forums at MacRumors, or by doing a Google search, where the issues appears to be a problem with Sprint.  Close to ten posts have occurred between last night and today.  

I use this quite regularly, and am hopeful a carrier update will correct the issue.

Journeyman

Same here.

After I updated to iOS 11.2, I don't see Sprint Wi-Fi on my phone anymore.

I already did the following:

1. re-set network Settings

2. re-set ALL settings

3. updated network settings via ##873283#

4. Disabled and re-enabled Wi-Fi Calling

5. Re-started my phone multiple times

6. re-started modem

7. re-started router

8. read posts on reddit and howard forums about the same problem

Still the same. No Sprint Wi-Fi. 

2:17a, Tuesday, Dec 5th.

24d23b5d-146d-47ce-b172-d9604fc489f2.jpgNO sprint Wi-Fi after iOS 11.2 update.

Journeyman

Same issue here.  I tried toggling Wifi calling on and off, restarting the phone, and then resetting the network settings.  Issue unresolved.  I'm not willing to reset all settings, though it doesn't seem that anyone has had luck from doing that either.  If I find a reliable solution I will post it for others to try.

Sprint Employee

I have reported this for investigation, I will post back in the next day with any new detail.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

I have the same issue. Called Sprint yesterday. They have no idea. One technical support guy was kind and trying to explain this as a problem from Apple.

Journeyman

issue Solved!!!! Smiley Happy

##25327#. Enter it in the Phone app, as if you were dialing.

It will update some subscriber settings. Lose signal. Signal returns. Wait a few minutes and Sprint Wi-Fi shows back.

It will take some few minutes so be patient. 

I thought it didn't work because I didnt see any changes. Left my fone alone for some time and when I checked it again, there it was, the lost Sprint W-Fi is back. 

2017-12-05.jpgSprint Wi-Fi is back at 3:11pm

Thank you to my customer service guy. Very helpful, resourceful and patient. 

And I gotten offers to keep my promo service plan for life, Sprint connect router, special iPhone X offers as well. 

Journeyman

Thanks all for confirming the issue.  I am glad it is just not me.  Hopefully Sprint can provide a solution for us!

Journeyman

Issue SOLVED!!!

##25327#

1. Enter it to the Phone App as if you were dialing a phone number

2. it will update some subscriber settings

3. Signal goes away, signal returns

4. Subscriber settings updated

It will take sometime before the Sprint Wi-Fi show up.

I thought it was a fail too because nothing changed. So I left my phone alone. When I went to check back on my phone, there it was, the lost Sprint Wi-Fi is back.

2017-12-05.jpgSprint Wi-Fi is back at 3:11pm

Big thanks to sprint Customer Service Mark for being helpful, resourceful and patient. 

Journeyman

This solution did not work for me, but am glad it worked for you. 

Still having the same problems. Sprint Wifi appeared this morning but has not been back the rest of today. Tried the same troubleshooting steps again and the ## codes, still no wifi calling. 

Sprint Employee

I have some information back from Network development, they have a way to work around an issue in iOS 11.2 preventing WiFi calling registration. They plan to roll out to one of the WiFi calling servers at midnight EST tomorrow morning, if all is well with this patch it will be rolled out to other WiFi calling servers until the permanent fix is available, and implemented.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat