Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling IOS 11.2

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Wifi Calling IOS 11.2

Well I had already tried the deactivation step earlier today and it did nothing for wifi calling restore. Keep trying Sprint! 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

jweaver and EddieB830, we're currently working with Apple to resolve this. You should receive a software update to fix it, please stay tuned.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

@Sprint_Carlos wrote:

jweaver and EddieB830, we're currently working with Apple to resolve this. You should receive a software update to fix it, please stay tuned.

Just wanted to clarify, you mean an iOS update should be coming soon to address this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey, jweaver!  Have you gotten Wifi Calling to work?  Mine did work when I got home, so it appears the carrier update may be working for some.  I'm still not willing to say this is resolved, but mine has worked since yesterday.  

Have you tried to restart your modem and router?   That has been problematic for me in the past, so just thought I'd shoot over the tip, just in case.

fullsizeoutput_d46.jpeg

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes. Still no luck. 

@smashcraft wrote:

Hey, jweaver!  Have you gotten Wifi Calling to work?  Mine did work when I got home, so it appears the carrier update may be working for some.  I'm still not willing to say this is resolved, but mine has worked since yesterday.  

Have you tried to restart your modem and router?   That has been problematic for me in the past, so just thought I'd shoot over the tip, just in case.

fullsizeoutput_d46.jpeg

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm really sorry!  I'll keep posting updates over the next few days to keep you posted.  I saw some posts last week IOS may be releasing 11.2.1 soon.  Hopefully this resolves it for everyone.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im sorry that the carrier update failed to resolve WFC issue on your phone. 

Im not tech savvy but, may I suggest going back to the basics?  Im sure you have done so much more already. But maybe working on a "clean slate" may help. 

1. back up your phone

2. Erase phone

3. re-start modem

4. re-start router

5. re-set ALL settings

6. ##update#

7. ##25327#

8. re-start phone

9. Enable wi-fi calling. See if that works before... restoring to last back up.

10. Re-store phone to last back up.

Just a suggestion. 

Plus, Sprint, how about sending out your co-branded router? Maybe that can help out, too. 

Honestly, after this whole debacle, I dread seeing a new update, released to soon, after 11.2 Even updating my watch felt like an eternity to do so. But I just have no choice but to update bec if I don't, my iPad will not sync calls and messages. I'm assuming the coming update is to fix the broken Apple Pay Cash, which is what 11.2 was mostly about. 

I got on the apple device bandwagon bec I appreciate the convenience of sync everything across all devices. But, I need my iPhone to be a phone first before it's a computer. It really is frustrating to pay so much money on a phone that fails to perform it's most basic function. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

@starfishnet wrote:

Im sorry that the carrier update failed to resolve WFC issue on your phone. 

Im not tech savvy but, may I suggest going back to the basics?  Im sure you have done so much more already. But maybe working on a "clean slate" may help. 

1. back up your phone

2. Erase phone

3. re-start modem

4. re-start router

5. re-set ALL settings

6. ##update#

7. ##25327#

8. re-start phone

9. Enable wi-fi calling. See if that works before... restoring to last back up.

10. Re-store phone to last back up.

Just a suggestion. 

Plus, Sprint, how about sending out your co-branded router? Maybe that can help out, too. 

Honestly, after this whole debacle, I dread seeing a new update, released to soon, after 11.2 Even updating my watch felt like an eternity to do so. But I just have no choice but to update bec if I don't, my iPad will not sync calls and messages. I'm assuming the coming update is to fix the broken Apple Pay Cash, which is what 11.2 was mostly about. 

I got on the apple device bandwagon bec I appreciate the convenience of sync everything across all devices. But, I need my iPhone to be a phone first before it's a computer. It really is frustrating to pay so much money on a phone that fails to perform it's most basic function. 

Sadly since I am very tech savvy I tried all that with no luck. Hopefully another iOS update fixes it. I currently have the developer version and am currently waiting for the next iOS on both public stable and developer beta update servers and so far no new iOS beta even though 11.3 beta should be coming soon. I’m not sure they have co-branded router. I have seen their LTE Gateways before though. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's an ASUS router with Sprint logo, I received it last saturday night. At no cost. Wi-Fi Connect

Highlighted
Journeyman

@starfishnet wrote:

It's an ASUS router with Sprint logo, I received it last saturday night. At no cost. Wi-Fi Connect

Oh yeah. Now I remember it. I actually found out my neighbor is having Sprint Wi-Fi calling issues as well with update 31.1 but the shocking part is I found out that he has that special router and still has a problem and I go over there and problem persists over that router as well for me. 

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

I haven't seen any change to the issue, or the plan of action yet, I am  still monitoring for changes, and wanted to let you know.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

IOS 11.2.1 is out......... Not sure if it will fix or not.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat