cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint get the iPhone?

15 REPLIES
Journeyman

im going for it,too many pleased iphone customers in the past with iphones is no doubt the best phones out there,right now i got the samsung transform which is being the biggest piece of crap ever,rebooting,slowliness screen slider dont work,etc etc,its just being so stressfull dealing with that phone that i just dont trust androids no more,and know 3 more people with that phone and they all getting headaches,smartphones its supposted to simplfy your life not make it more stressful,so im getting that iphone5,i just want to be part of the smiley people not the frustrated ones.

Journeyman

Yes,  Sprint is getting the new Iphone 5.  October 5th or 15th, it will be released for purchase or reserve. Sprint will be the only carrier offering the unlimited data plan for it, thus causing them to end their Sprint Premier Service.

Source: Family works at Corporate Office

Journeyman

New evidence that the iPhone is coming to Sprint.

The Wall Street Journal reports

that Sprint will offer the iPhone 5 when it launches later this year, becoming the third U.S. carrier to offer the iPhone. According to the report, the iPhone 5 will launch simultaneously on Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T in "mid-October".

Sprint Nextel Corp. will begin selling the iPhone 5 in mid-October, people familiar with the matter said, closing a huge hole in the No. 3 U.S. carrier's lineup and giving Apple Inc. another channel for selling its popular phone.

The timing, however, indicates Apple's new iPhone will hit the market later than expected and too late to contribute to sales in the company's fiscal fourth quarter, which ends in September. Most observers had expected the device to arrive next month.

The iPhone 5 will debut on AT&T and Verizon at the same time, and Sprint is said to also be gaining the iPhone 4.

Journeyman
Journeyman

While keeping my sprint service, I also got AT&T For another number with the iPhone. I have to say my sprint phones haven't even been turned on a hand full of times since getting the iPhone. This means at the end of my contract after being with sprint for 10 years, I am seriously looking at moving my sprint numbers to AT&T.

Being a Mac person, the iPhone syncs seamlessly with programs like email, address books, calendars, etc. None of these droids even interface with macs. Now i realize there are more PC users than mac, sprint and its phone vendors  could accommodate both like software and other computer related apps.  Plus Apple being known for being truly user-friendly, the apps and phone functions are super easy to use. Yes, to me who uses their phone as a mini computer, the iPhone is well worth every bang for the buck. I am sorry to say that I am tired of waiting for sprint to join the current times and start carrying iPhones and iPads. It's ridiculous that sprint didn't jump on this years ago because the phones are well made and easy to use. The samsung garbage I have with sprint is so hard to use the touchscreen that it's not even "worth" turning on.

What's worse? Paying over a thousand a year for a phone you never even both to charge or spending a thousand on a phone you use at least once an hour? This is something sprint should contemplate and act on before it loses more customers.

Journeyman

Re: Will Sprint get the iPhone?

Okay well let me just say that I been with sprint for about 5 yrs and I must say I like the family plans but lately I have had a lot of problems with the service I was hoping that sprint would get the iphones as well, right now I'm very disappointed in sprint, then they reduced their coverage map there signal now sucks and so do there so called "3g" which to me is like a dial up connection lately I been thinking to switch to verizon because it has the best connection and now they have the iphone and I been waiting the iphone for awhile now but I been waiting on sprint to say where getting it but if they are not getting it I will switch me and my family over to verizon because of the iphone and the service its just better also lately I been having drop calls and failed txt messages when I never use to get those, now as far as the evo it sucks I have it and its just like a regular android phone same software but mine just haves the qwarty keyboard and the shift thing, right now this is the WORST carrier ever created I will switch in about a month or so. Oh and also everytime i wanna use the internet on my phone, i have to switch to my Wi-Fi my home internet to use my phone to navigate thats sad...

Journeyman

what so great about the Iphone? does it have  slideout keyboard???

Not what I have seen

I think the Epic is the BEST smart phone on Market.. does Verizone have one like it ?

not really I've seen the Driod slide it suckks..yea I've used it Epic is much better..over all.

Once Iphone gets a keyboad I may think about it. but my Epic has everythig & more what the Iphone offers.. I'm sure in a yr or 2 either sprint will get Iphone

or what will most likely happen is Verizon will buy out Sprint..to keep up with AT&T , which would stink only having 2 cell phone companies..

Journeyman

i have a evo and i love it but i hoping sprint gets a iphone soon if not iam going with verizon or att sorry but i need a iphone

Highlighted
Journeyman

i hope sprint does get the iphone because its a phone that everybody wants. sprints phones are terrible. they always get the bad ones. they have like 2 or 3 good ones right now but the rest are bad, i havent switches because sprint has the best family plans but if sprint doesnt get an iphone by the end of this year and verizon ends up with good family plans well then im switching. its about time sprint started getting new phones

Journeyman

This is Sprint we are talking about. This will be another lack luster year with semi decent plans as usual. Will we se the holy grail on this network 98.9 percent positive we will NOT see it. As long as droids come through I could care less. On the other hand I can see how you would be upset and trust me I feel your pain. We will find out on the seventh if Sprint plans on getting the I, but dont cross your fingers. I would like to see some of the bad Droids coming to verizon come to Sprint next year. If they dont simple I am leaving. Sprint needs to take a minute to get their act together. I know trust me, but although I seriously doubt it. You will have 1 super phone to choose from this year. Even if it is the most super of all the phones out like the EVO it will only be one. I like to have a variety. If you want that variety also I guess I will see you on Verizon.