Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Software update is available on 10/21/15

iOS Software update is available on 10/21/15

This release includes new features, improvements and bug fixes, including:

• Live Photos now intelligently senses when you raise or lower your iPhone, so that Live Photos will automatically not record these movements
  • Over 150 new emoji characters with full support for Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 emojis
  • Improved stability including CarPlay, Music, Photos, Safari, and Search
  • Improved performance while in Multitasking UI
  • Fixes an issue that could cause Calendar to become unresponsive in Month view
  • Fixes an issue that prevented Game Center from launching for some users
  • Resolves an issue that zoomed the content of some apps
  • Resolves an issue that could cause an incorrect unread mail count for POP mail accounts
  • Fixes an issue that prevented users from removing recent contacts from new mail or messages
  • Fixes an issue that caused some messages to not appear in Mail search results
  • Resolves an issue that left a gray bar in the body of an Audio Message
  • Fixes an issue that caused activation errors on some carriers
  • Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from updating from the App Store

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

Applicable devices are:

• iPad Air 2
  • iPad mini 3
  • iPad mini 4
  • iPad Air
  • iPad mini 2
  • iPad mini
  • iPad
  • iPhone 6
  • iPhone 6 Plus
  • iPhone 6s
  • iPhone 6s Plus
  • iPhone 4s
  • iPhone 5
  • iPhone 5s
  • iPhone 5c
  • Boost iPhone 4s
  • Boost iPhone 5c
  • Boost iPhone 5s
  • Boost iPhone 6
  • Boost iPhone 6 Plus
  • Boost iPhone 6s
  • Boost iPhone 6s Plus
  • Virgin iPhone 4s
  • Virgin iPhone 5
  • Virgin iPhone 5c
  • Virgin iPhone 5s
  • Virgin iPhone 6s
  • Virgin iPhone 6s Plus
6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

I loaded 9.1 on my iPhone 4S and now I have no phone audio.  Can not call out and just get test in.  How great is that?  This is not what I sighed up for very unhappy......   My advise don't upload this upgrade until they get their itti bitti ducks in a row.

GrandMaster

if you have a apple store near you i would take it in and have them check it out. the updates are straight from Apple themselves so the quicker they get reports on this stuff the quicker they can get a update pushed to fix it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I used iTunes to do a complete recovery for both 4S phones.  Took a lot of time but was successful.  May have got a bad download but was not the only one with this problem.  Both phones are fixed once recovered through iTunes, bottom line is software may have not been original problem but may have been bad down load.  Had to restart crashed phone 3 times before it took the recovery.

GrandMaster

you originally downloaded it on both phones over wifi or a mobile connection?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I was on my sprint wi-fi hotspot.  It has been very reliable for this on prior upgrades.  I had 9.02 on both 4S iPhones.

They are working great now on the 9.1 IOS so how this happened is a mystery.  Better and faster now for some reason.  Is there malware that can cause this sort of problem or maybe it was just software errors due to download?

GrandMaster

more than likely its just how it loaded into the phone. keep in mind that if youre using a hotspot its usually not the same as a hard wired wifi connection since its pulling its signal from a tower just as it would for the phone itself. is it a hotspot on a phone or through one of the carrier hotspot set ups?

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat