cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S not receiving text messages from certain numbers

11 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S not receiving text messages from certain numbers

I am also having this problem. Except i didnt port a number and i dont have GV, can someone help?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im also having the same issue! Iphone 4s # ported from Virgin, can't receive texts from Verizon. Ive submitted at least 3 tickets, none of which have been resolved.  This is crazy.  Has anyone had this issue actually resolved yet? I just submitted my last ticket today with a rep who asked for the specific numbers i couldnt receive texts from.

Journeyman

I'm also having this issue!  I have spent countless hours on the phone with tech at both sprint and apple.  I did not port # to sprint and google voice does not affect the outcome.  And as a side note paid for applecare+ and when I went to Sprint store notified I did not have this. Several hours later and transfers to Apple and back to sprint I was told i would be ALLOWED to repurchase it through Apple and that Sprint would credit my account for the purchase price.  Waiting for the dust to settle but my purchase price seems to be more than originally paid by $1.59.  Really Sprint I had to spend several hours dealing with this on top of texting issues, that still are not fixed!

Journeyman

Hello i ported my number from boost mobile and now i cant receive texts from some friends.

Wizard

I can help . I will private message you

PinkElmo

Journeyman

I also ported over from Virgin Mobile in January 2012 to an iPhone 4s.  It was a porting process that took @ 2 days.  Finally got it to work, I thoguht.  but now, I can send texts, but I cannot get them beack from non-sprint phones.  I did get one from an ATT phone that tech service used when I called in, but nothing from Verizon, it seems.  No way to know who is at fault...is there?  Not sure about t-mobile or really nailing down VZ as an issue.  Also, I do not use google voice.  ANY HELP???? 

Wizard

Hello

Please private message me. I can have this resolved for you.

PinkElmo

Journeyman

Same here. Ported over from Virgin Mobile. Do not have Google Voice. Cannot receive SMS messages from some lines on some (read: most) carriers.  All SMS messages originating from within the Sprint network appear to work.  It appears that SMS messages originating from other Iphone 4s on other networks do get through. An interesting observation is that while SMS messages that do not get through (i.e. from T-Mobile, Verizon), when sending from the same origination as an MMS message it does get through.  Can anyone else confirm the same SMS v. MMS anamoly is true?  Sprint says there is no reason any of this should be happening and the problem is probably with the sending carrier which is clearly not the case. Also, all the reports I have seen on-line seem to be from customers that ported over from Boost or Virgin Mobile. Anyone having this problem that came from another network?

Maybe as a group we can get to the bottom of this.  I really don't want to give the phone back, but if they can't sort it out it is not acceptable in it's current form.

Thanks.

Journeyman

I'm having this same problem. Any word on what the problem was?

Journeyman

The thing is i DO NOT have google voice on my line.