cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 Soon to sprint only?

Journeyman

Wondering if there will be any upcoming sprint or apple conferences that will speak any facts about the iphone 5? with 20 billion invested in apple from sprint and these rumors about sprint having the iphone 5 a few months before iphone 5 is to come out on all 3 networks (expected january or feb) is this possible? or just another BS rumor. no way apple would take this long to introduce something droid has had for a year with a crappier phone/smaller screen/thicker and heavier and for sprint to spend 20 billion on this junk phone.  my upgrade is up so i am wanting to know if i should wait on iphone 5 or go ahead an try this 4s?

http://www.beatweek.com/news/9559-iphone-5-release-date-is-sprint-exclusive-4s-for-verizon-att/

7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

Will Sprint get the iPhone 5 is the new will Sprint get the iPhone. The answer to this question has yet to be officially answered iphoneordroidwtf - sure there are tons of rumors out there - but please be sure to check sprint.com/newsroom for the latest Official Sprint news! Thanks for being a valued Sprint customer!

Wizard

iphoneordroidwtf wrote:

Wondering if there will be any upcoming sprint or apple conferences that will speak any facts about the iphone 5? with 20 billion invested in apple from sprint and these rumors about sprint having the iphone 5 a few months before iphone 5 is to come out on all 3 networks (expected january or feb) is this possible? or just another BS rumor. no way apple would take this long to introduce something droid has had for a year with a crappier phone/smaller screen/thicker and heavier and for sprint to spend 20 billion on this junk phone.  my upgrade is up so i am wanting to know if i should wait on iphone 5 or go ahead an try this 4s?

http://www.beatweek.com/news/9559-iphone-5-release-date-is-sprint-exclusive-4s-for-verizon-att/

This story came out before the Apple event yesterday.  They were speculating that the event was announcing the arrival of the 5 to Sprint only with the 4S going to the other two.  However, that obviously didn't happen.

Highlighted
Master

I think that Apple announcement and screen shots of what radio shack was doing on there inventory system simply point out until the companies involved make a statement it is speculation.  As employee of one of the companies involved Again we have no information on the Iphone 5 and will get the information when the public does.  So rumor was part right and part wrong.   Wonder what radio shack is going to do with a line item in there inventory control for which there is not inventory? 

Journeyman

At this point I'd say this is just a rumor and nothing more.

Journeyman

Apple is delaying the release of the iPhone 5 until there is enough quantity of the newer low power LTE chips.  Don't expect an iPhone 5 until at least mid-2012.

Journeyman

At the earliest I'd say. Probably will be a Q4 release.

Wizard

RonZombie wrote:

Apple is delaying the release of the iPhone 5 until there is enough quantity of the newer low power LTE chips.  Don't expect an iPhone 5 until at least mid-2012.

Hopefully Sprint gets some substantial LTE towers up and running by that point.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat