cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 data fix

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5 data fix

Hey everyone this is Jody Smith. I have many years of experience in network trouble shooting.

The problem is an easy fix. Turn off your iPhone 5. Hold down the home button while plugging it into your computer. You should see the iPhone display iTunes. Look or download ipsw ios6 or click restore. Once you have completed these steps instead of connecting to wifi click connect to iTunes. Do not go on wifi until your phone activates. Restart the phone after activating and you will have data. Any questions please contact me. Thank you

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: iPhone 5 data fix

Smithandweasson0,

Thank you for posting this.  I'm glad you were able to get your issue resolved.  This was actually reported as a known issue this past weekend.  For those who a restore process is not able to resolve their issue, I would recommend performing the below steps. 

The resolution is very similar to the steps that have already been followed with one important exception.  Note, before performing the below steps, please ensure that your information is backed up via iTunes or iCloud to ensure the protection of your content. 

Please follow the below steps:

1. Select Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Settings 
  2. Once the phone reboots before you walk through activation, power the phone off for 30 minutes 
  3. After 30 minutes, power the device up and walk through standard activation process 
  4. If given the voice between carriers, be sure to select Sprint as your option

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

Jody thanks for posting this. I was about to return my phone before stumbling into this thread and so far it has worked.

*Edit: nevermind, this ended up not working.  I can't seem to maintain wifi connectivity through WPA AES connection. Which basically renders this device useless seeing as that is the standard encryption for almost all non-public wifi networks.

Wizard

Update,

If the above fix does not resolve your issue and neither does a restore, you will need to contact Apple to confirm you are provisioned correctly in their system.  They may need to create a case for your issue.  The contact number for Apple is 800-694-7466.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Journeyman

I have been to Sprint many times with my iphone data problems and they have said it is an Apple problem. I have also been to Apple many many times and they are saying there is nothing they can do because our data problems are caused by Sprint's network. Specifically they have said that Sprint has acknowledged to Apple that they are working to fix problems with their towers before the end of October. Why can't Sprint acknowlegde this to us, their customers? I have tried everything suggested here, including those from other posts, and they have not worked for me. What is the real story? Can someone from Sprint tell us?

Journeyman

PLEASE TELL US SPRINT!!!!  You owe us this much.  I'm in San Diego and my new iphone 5 does not work properly.  THis is the second phone I've tried.  It's the network, not the phone.  COME ON SPRINT, man-up, put on your big boy pants and acknowledge the problem so we know you are working on a solution.

Wizard

Sduser234,

We absolutely know that this is an issue.  It is a known issue that in many cases is either resolved by the above steps, contacting Apple to confirm activation policy is correct, or ensure you have the most recent update on your device.  To perform this update, go to Settings>General>Software Update.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat