Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 release date for Verizon. iPhone 6 for Sprint, T-Mobile

Journeyman

30 REPLIES
Journeyman

Appreciate you posting the link, but that "article" is beyond useless. 

Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Basically the article says 2012 at the earliest for Sprint.

Journeyman

I've read it - it's a reincarnation of an article that's been around for awhile. It's like beatweek just recycles the material and just puts a new date on it. I'm hoping that it's crap and that we are getting it this fall.

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5 release date for Verizon. iPhone 6 for Sprint, T-Mobile

yea im sure it is, i have been reading alot the past week about this topic. have seen reports from 2010 saying sprint will get iphone, also the best buy employee saying iphone coming to sprint was also posted last year.and even sprint reps saying they will get the iphone,,,also they said the same thing last year. google it. i really hope they get it but i dont see it happening, also the wife cant wait any longer so we are just going to go look at iphone 4's this week( i really dont want to leave sprint) i have never had any problems with them,customer service is great for me.i read were the CEO of tmobile said they are not getting the iphone as they have a good selection of android phones, at&t and verizon CEO's have already talked about getting it. i just dont understand why Dan Hesse cannot just say yes we will be getting the iphone. no need for a date or device details,just a simple "yes we will be getting the iphone" and i know alot of people will say the unlimited data will go away, also on this google it, Dan Hesse has already said that "nothing last's forever"      also i do not understand why sprint will not let a customer buy any unlocked CDMA phone and activate it on there account. they will get paid the monthly fee. i have seen on you tube people have iphone's active on sprint's network. I know they mask the IMEI number, but whats the big beal if you buy a phone unlocked and have it activated on there network?

Wizard

Hello!

Let me hop in on here to dispell some confusion about how this works. On CDMA there isn't really locked or unlocked phones, there are only ESN (or MEID)s that are loaded in to the carriers systems or not loaded. For any modern phone, its not just a question of throwing it on the network and off you go. Programming has to be loaded in to the various systems, as well as very authentication measures. Additionally, it just sets up a very poor customer service experience if you have any trouble with the phone, as unless it is a phone we sell/sold we cannot support it.

All of this also ignores any possible exclusivity agreements, licensing, and/or legal issues that have to be handled for many of the major phones.

I don't have any information I can share about possible releases, but I did want to let you know that there are very good reasons why it's not a simple issue to just take a given phone from one CDMA network and then get it activated with another network.

Journeyman

well thanks for the information, sorry to say we took our family plan and left sprint today. i really liked your service but we wanted the phones now,and with no news ( official, not rumors) of a release on sprint we got iphone 4's today. and i have been using it all day and still have not had to charge my iphone. will just pay the ETF and give the evo to my kids to play with it on wifi

Journeyman vlu
Journeyman

@DrewTX1, you left a little too early. Our sales rep said he will be getting the iphone for demo soon. When I pressed for more info, he can't comment more. He gets all new phones about 2 weeks before the general public. I'll get to see the Samsung Epic 4G Touch next week before 9/16 release date. But you do what you gotta

Journeyman

well im happy now anyway, belive it or not my bill is actually cheaper now,plus the wife wanted the iphone right now ( could'nt wait) so had to make the switch. i really liked sprint though,but i guess women are impatient lol

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.