Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 domestic sim unlock

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 6 domestic sim unlock

I have spent 2 days trying to unlock my iphone 6 for another domestic carrier.  I have been told my phone is unlocked, only to see the dreaded "sim not valid" screen.  I have talked to customer service, tech support, and been transferred to many different people.  I have reset and restored my phone 4 times. Has anyone been able to get anymore information about how to truly fix it? Anyone thinking of filing an FCC complaint for not being able to unlock the phone within 2 days of requesting? Sprint social care has tried twice to unlock my phone, but still was unsuccessful.

Tags (3)
237 REPLIES 237
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 6 domestic sim unlock

I am in your same boat, I have called advanced technical support 4 times since Saturday morning to DSU my iphone 6. The third guy I talked to I could tell really knew what he was doing, he submitted the DSU 6 times for me! He went into every screen possible and shows everything is unlocked on his end, so at his reccomendation I called apple support, and they told me the phone is still locked, I asked apple support if there is any record of the unlock request, and they said they have had no communication from sprint in regards to unlocking my specific iPhone, so obviously there is some communication problem between apple and sprint. This problem isn't affecting every phone though, because I had my other iphone, a 6+ unlocked by tech support friday night and that went through the first time without a hitch. I hope sprint social care can forward this info to engineering and get a fix going on, and who knows, maybe there is just a delay, and the phones will be unlocked in a day or two? Unfortunately all we can do is wait and see.

Journeyman

and one more note, I the organization in charge of this whole new policy is the CTIA, and I would file my complaint with them here: http://www.ctia.org/about-us/contact-us

Master

eewing3,

For further assistance, please refer back your private message.

- Tammy
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Please see my private message!

Journeyman

Our experience has been most frustrating as well - we have been trying to get our 4 lines DSU unlocked - we were assured by Sprint that they were,  only to find out that they were not. We have been on the phone with Sprint almost everyday for the last seven days - and I have to say this is the most frustrating customer experience I have ever had in my life. After seven days and at least 15 separate requests/attempts to unlock our iPhone 6 devices, the phones remain locked to Sprint. And no one in Sprint seems to really know how to actually see this unlock go through. Like others in this threads, we have been transferred to all departments - from customer care to tech support to advanced tech support to international to billing and back and forth and on and on.

Sprint - please note that AT&T has set this up online - you enter the IMEI and the system automatically unlocks eligible phones all online in less than 30 seconds. I just don't understand why Sprint is unable to do this. In reading through these posts, it appears Sprint is deliberately employing delaying tactics to desperately retain unsatisfied customers. I hope they realize this is not the way to win customers.

If anyone has indeed successfully unlocked their Sprint iPhone 6 devices, can you please post detailed steps on what you had to do - it would be very helpful - the Sprint Tech Support team may find this useful to actually help their customers and hopefully save others of this harrowing experience. Thank you. 

Journeyman

I have one succesful unlock, and one failure. This is how my first unlock the success went down, I called friday, was told the system was down and they would call me back. I got a call back on friday evening from advanced sprint support, south florida. The gentlemen asked my for my IMEI number and my phones serial number, a couple of minutes later told me to dial ##873283#, and then said I am good to go. I put in my ATT sim, it asked me for my iTunes credentials, and voila, ATT on my sprint 6+, working perfect.

My failure: Called back saturday morning to have the iPhone 6 on my other line unlocked, they didn't ask me for my serial number or imei this time, did some steps, told me to ##873283#, and told me I'm unlocked. Put in ATT sim, SIM NOT VALID error message, called sprint back, assured its unlocked, went through process again, same error. 6 more times, same problem. They told me it wasn't there problem, it was the other carrier. I then called apple tech support, and they told me the phone is still locked, they have no record of any request from sprint for an unlock. There is obviously a glitch between apples and sprints systems at this point. I wish I had just unlocked both phones friday night, now I have this headache.

Journeyman

adamjessen11 - Thank you for the response.

So "Gentleman from South Florida in Advanced Sprint Support who helped resolve this issue - please create standard work for all your other colleagues so they can follow the same steps in resolving this issue for multiple other customers. I hope you are still there!

Master

vp2020 - We understand your concerns. If you have a device that was launched prior to February 2015 and it is capable of being unlocked, Sprint will provide a bill notification and/or text message when you are eligible to have your device unlocked. The bill notification will direct you to Sprint Customer Care who can assist in efforts to unlock your device. For inactive devices, customers must contact Sprint Customer Care to request that their DSU-capable device be unlocked and may have to take steps to perform an over-the-air update to ensure the unlock programming has been relayed to the device. Let us know if you have any further questions. - ToniAnn
Sprint Social Care
Master

adamjessen11 Please bear with us while we work out the logistics of unlocking your device. We are working to fix any glitches customers may have.
- Naomi
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I just received a message that my iPhone was unlocked. Tried to use my T-Mobile SIM and still locked. I contacted apple and they said that my iPhone still Sprint Locked. I called 6 times TODAY. Each person gave me a different kind of information. Please I just want to unlock my iPhone!

Master

Kaio_Oliveira

, So sorry for the issue you're experiencing. For further assistance, please visit http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to send a private message to SprintCare with your phone number, and account PIN or security question answer.

Hirscht
Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat