cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 domestic sim unlock

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 6 domestic sim unlock

I'm in the same boat here. Supposed to be unlocked, but not unlocked. Anyone from Sprint, any help here?

Journeyman

I am also experiencing this same thing.  I called twice and both times they said that they've unlocked my iPhone 6 but I'm still getting the "SIM Not Valid" error.  Please advise.

Journeyman

All of the links provided in previous messages are not working for me. I am also trying to unlock my iPhone 6 with no such luck. If I could get some assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Journeyman

Well not quite sure what's going on with sprint my iphone is paid off and line was closed. Called them x 12 times and it's just getting more ridiculous - waste of time. last time I called got the confirmation #SD3464321 that phone will be unlocked within 72 hours - didn't happen.  Why Sprint is so disappointing ? I rly hope that they aware of Obama's bill for cellphone unlock.

Journeyman

On Feb 13th I contacted Sprint asking if they could match a current offer of T-Mobile. Sprint declined and I ask how much would it be to cancel my service? Sprint said that it would be one hundred sixty dollars per line to cancel. I expressed to them that I would be taking my devices with me and wanted my devices unlocked. I was told by the Sprint representative that I would need port the numbers out and once I ported the numbers that would generate the final charges and then they would unlock my devices. I said ok and called the following Saturday after porting my numbers and also paying the cancellation fee as well as any remaining  balances that I wanted to unlock my devices for use on another carrier. I was then told that I had to wait 3 business days for that to happen and was provided a ticket number of SD3524916 and that would be it. I complied and called on the third business day and reached a call center in the Phillipines where they then proceeded to tell me that I owed a balance on the account in which I did include a screenshot of the credit that is still on my account the time of submitting this complaint. Sprint then proceeded to say that my device can not be used on another carrier.  I asked to speak to someone else that may be more familiar with the process and was told that they would be transferring me to tech support. After speaking to someone in tech support I was advised that the ticket was closed with no resolution she then proceeded with I would email the person working the ticket. After emailing the person working the ticket she offered to call me back, I expressed that was my only phone and I would not have access to my wife’s phone. I asked if their was anyone that the call could be escalated to because I stated once I hang up I would then begin contacting the FCC, after expressing that she said thats fine. She said thats fine with no worry like it did not matter that my phone was not unlocked.

Someone please help me understand what kind of customer service is this? I wouldn't mind speaking to someone in the Philippines but when you tell a customer something that can't be done when it clearly says on there website it can be done thats a problem and I feel someone from Sprint should contact me immediately.

Journeyman

The FCC is useless in regards to Sprints unlocking policy. Trust me on that one. ;-) The only way the FCC will do anything, is if 100's of complaints came in.  But people wont' do that. When you complain to the FCC about this, they send you back to Sprint to try and resolve things, and the FCC never gets involved anymore.  Its really kind of a sham. Sprint of course is very deviousness about things, and have done some very unscrupulous things, that I know of first hand.

The reason many people have trouble getting their "qualified" phones unlocked, is because of the complete incompetence of the support reps. It literally takes 10 seconds to unlock a phone. Not 3 days. It just depends on who you speak with. If you call customer care, they are clueless. If you call tech support, half of them know how to do this. They literally press a button, a request goes to apple, apple confirms the request, and your phone is now unlocked in a few seconds. The unlock is "completed" once you put in your new sim card, it contacts apple servers, the servers push the unlock to your phone, and now your phone is permanently unlocked. This is for Iphones only.

Sprint will NEVER answer a straight forward question in these forums. They will never tell you how the process works, what information you need, or anything. It is always, "send me a private message". So nobody ever learns anything about the process of what needs to take place to unlock a phone. So you end up talking to 10 uneducated reps, and finally throw up your hands in frustration.

Good luck to you all. It is quite fascinating how you can pay someone on ebay $25 to unlock your phone, but you can't get it done through sprint. Something is wrong with that picture.

Hmm, we will see if my post stays up here.

Journeyman

I paid off my iPhone about a month ago, and very directly requested that the phone be unlocked so a different SIM could be used once I got to Cambodia.  I get to Cambodia, add a new SIM, and guess what?  Phone's still locked. This is beyond ridiculous.

Journeyman

I have paid off the balances owed on my two iPhone 6 devices on the Sprint account, spent countless hours on-hold and getting passed around to different "support" groups only finally to be told by technical services, on 3 occasions, that they have successfully unlocked the devices.  But guess what, not the case.  I have been more than patient.  I need someone in customer care to contact me and unlock the phones.  This service, both in terms of the network and the customer support, is abysmal.  I will take to all social media outlets with this challenge if I am not helped here.  This effort to unlock my phone is going on a dozen calls over 3 weeks now.  I don't understand why this request cannot be completed, other than Sprint is trying to hold me hostage. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hello frankweed and Eggman2020

Allow us to review your accounts.

Send us a private message with your phone number and account PIN, or answer to the security question by clicking HERE. We want to help.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Same here... 5 days and still not unlocked. couple of calls, different actions and still nothing.

Sprint Social Care

Good morning

Sorry to read that your device has not been unlocked. Allow me to check for you.

Send us a private message with your phone number and account PIN, or answer to the security question by clicking HERE.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

I received your message, we will continue the conversation on private to secure your privacy.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat