cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 domestic sim unlock

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: iPhone 6 domestic sim unlock

if im thinking correctly the original owner would need to contact Sprint to get it domestically unlocked.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Wow, my husband and I are now experiencing this and we feel so hopeless/frustrated. We just want to unlock the phones and move on. I wish the customer service rep told us there's a chance the sim unlock wouldn't work with other carriers - had they told us this we wouldn't have bought our phones at the end of our lease, rather we would have just returned them. Now we're out about $350 buying our two iPhone 6 Plus phones, our numbers have already been ported to Verizon,  yet we're left with no working phone and possibly losing our phone numbers.  I'm tired of being told "oh, your ticket wasn't submitted, here's a new ticket #, then wait another 24-72 hrs" 3 times, of this same exact conversation, with 3 different representatives. And after waiting, we pop sim in and same message. So frustrated. Can anyone give us real solutions??? Please?? We have two more  active lines with sprint (had 4 total), and if no one tries to help, we may as well end those two lines.  Please, can someone help us figure this out?  Would so appreciate it. 

GrandMaster

one of the agents in here can get the ball rolling. they have a pretty good track record with getting this stuff taken care of..
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

My new iPhone 6, previously registered with Sprint, and claimed as unlocked by Sprint, is not working with another carrier's SIM card. I'm getting "SIM Not Supported.. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier". Per Sprint agent (talked over phone today) the it is unlocked, and that my new carrier is supposed to register this phone to work in their network. I went through the similar unlocking with AT&T for another iPhone 6 in my family, so I followed the same steps - reset to factory settings, etc, set it up as a new phone, but still running into this message. Pls. help.

Journeyman

This has been one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had with a cell phone. The customer service must have done something on the third (!) time I spoke to them because now I can't even call them anymore to speak with them about how inept they are about being able to unlock the phone that I have paid for now. I have tried the resets but it still is just showing me that any sim other than the sprint one will not work in my phone. Please help!

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Journeyman

I completely agree! 

I had 2 months left on my lease and was told that I could cancel to go to another carrier and could keep my phone so long as I paid the remaining lease and the $200 buyout option.

I ported my numbers to my new carrier and am now trying to unlock my phone.
I was told that I could pay the balance and they would unlock.

I paid and the agent said they processed the unlock request and that it can take 3-5 days to process the unlock request!! **bleep**! No one ever said that, it sounded like, I pay then I get it unlocked! I know there are ways to walk through the unlock process over the phone! 
The rep is now sending me to her supervisor, which I'm sure will get me no where! I payed the $240 balance and now Sprint is keeping the money while they "process" my request! 

Sprint is LOSING the game. Its about making the customer processes EASY and Pain Free - even customers that are leaving! Understanding the Customer Experience is defined as prospects, active and anyone else that can advocate or not advocate for your service. 

HORRIBLE! 

Tags (2)
Sprint Social Care

garylala, that's very concerning to read. There are some requirements for a phone to be unlocked. You can click here for the details. Are you still with our customer service? If not, please send me a Private Message to take a look into this issue. Just click on my name and select "send a message". Include the MEID, last phone number associated with the device and the PIN of the account.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My wife and I have left Sprint over a year ago and recently her connection has decreased. We've taken the Sprint phone and got a new SIM card from a new carrier and now seeing the dreaded "SIM CARD INVALID DUE TO CARRIER ACTIVATION POLICY" message. Over the past ***THREE MONTHS***, I have called almost biweekly to have someone UNLOCK the phone yet I still, after hours, hours, dollars, and dollars, CANNOT USE MY WIFE'S PHONE who is at home with my daughter. I need help and I need to get her Sprint iPhone TRULY-TRULY-TRULY-ONCE AND FOR ALL unlocked. This is not that difficult. We left Sprint and it worked for months, now it isn't working again. WHO CAN FIX THIS???

Journeyman

This would be a helpful answer EXCEPT that our phones DID work for a while and now don't!!! I have a wife and child who DO NOT HAVE A PHONE because this Sprint iPhone 6 stills says it's under Sprint's activation policy and I CANNOT ACTIVATE IT!!! We've had and owned this phone outright. WHO CAN HELP US ONCE AND FOR ALL?????!!!!!!

Sprint Social Care

Thanks for contacting us domrobin1983,

It is odd that the phone was working and now seems to be locked. If the phone was unlocked previously, we don't lock it again. Sprint makes no guaranty that an unlocked device will work on another carrier's network. Whether another carrier will accept and activate a device is subject to that carrier's policies and capabilities. Details of our unlock policy are here. We'd like to check the unlock status of this phone. Please respond the Private Message I sent you as soon as you can.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I purchased an iphone 6s+ second hand that was originally on sprints service. I want to use the phone with verizon. I need it unlocked. That account was paid in full and the phone is not black listed.  Please help me get this figured out. 

Sprint Social Care

Hello Kylehooker88! Please take a look at our Unlocking policy. If you have the information needed to unlock the device, just click on my name and then select "send a message".

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat