cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 domestic sim unlock

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 6 domestic sim unlock

Sprint is telling me my off contract Iphone 6(December 2016) is not financially connected to Sprint so it is unlocked to them. Any problems I must contact my new carrier. I moved this phone in late December 2016 after fulfilling my contract to Tello so my daughter could have a phone to send text and for an occasional call. I contacted Tello and they can only international unlock it and I am looking for a domestic sim unlock. I guess I don't understand why Sprint can't contact Apple and have this lock removed. I have contacted different customer care representatives over the past month about this and with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Journeyman

Can someone help me unlock an iPhone 6s? I bought from someone on Offer Up and they reiterated that this phone was already unlocked because I asked multiple times before buying it. I am not a Sprint customer so I'm not sure how to unlock this phone. 

Journeyman

Hello, I have an iPhone 7 this is not activated. It was a replacement for a 6s that I had and it was replaced under warranty and was upgraded to the 7. The 6s was unlocked when I cancelled Sprint a whole back. However, the replacement I received is locked to sprint. I spend the entire day today getting bounced all over the place by Sprint. I was told by two different people that it was successfully unlocked, but then I was told by 3 other employees that it is still locked. They said that it cannot be unlocked because it is not activated on Sprint for 50 days. I explained that I cannot activate it as I no longer have Sprint. The last supervisor I spoke with said she sent in a request and I would receive a code via email within 72 hours, but upon reading a lot of forums I really doubt this works. This device is mine, I owe Sprint nothing and there is no reason why my device should not be unlocked. 

Sprint Social Care

Good morning bbill26! Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We would like to take a look into this. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

gtufaro

I'm sorry to know that you're no longer part of our family. I would like to let you know if the phone has all the requirements, it should be unlocked immediately, however, under certain circumstances, even though the device is eligible to be unlocked, the system won't process the request unless there's a case submitted to set the eligibility, this is cause the information needs to be updated on our system. Did they submit a ticket? If yes, were you provided with a ticket number? Must of the tickets take 24-48 business hours to be resolved.

I apologize for the impasse this situation may be causing you.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The first person I spoke with on the phone said it was all set and should be 24-48 hours until activation. But after reading all the posts online and posting my own, I called back to see if things were progressing and found out nothing had been submitted! So was given a ticket and told it could be between 6-48 hours. Hoping I'm not being given the runaround.

Sprint Social Care

gtufaro

Understood! If you would like to, feel free to send us a Private Message with the ticket number for us to be verified that is valid and that is being worked on.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ciara... sent you a PM with the ticket number.

Journeyman

Heads up for all... Sprint came through and unlocked the phone within 6 hours of my last call once I got to the correct department with somebody who knew what she was doing and was able to give me a ticket number. Make sure that happens before you get off the phone with them if you run into problems. Glad the problem was fixed. 

Journeyman

I nead help to domestic unlock  my iPhone 6s this iPhone is clean I call sprint customer service send me to a store and person in the store tell me to contact sprint again I nead help

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat