cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Constantly Switching To Roaming! Can't hardly use it!

Journeyman

I have had this issues since March of 2011. Thought it was a phone issue since I have the air rave.. I have had 5 different phones since then.. Got the IPhone a couple of weeks ago! Not any better!! I am so frustrated!! I am not able to make or receive calls!! Text msg are not being sent or received.  I have been with sprint since 1999, and have 3 phones plus the air rave on my account.  I have spent hrs on the phone with sprint and nothing has changed!  I'm seriously thinking of contacting my attorney about getting out of my contracts due to lack of service! 

Journeyman

I have the same issue and I know that my house has service through a Verizon tower.  I wish I could just force it to stay on Verizon's tower...I don't think I would be having the problem.  My phone is constantly trying to establish itself on the sprint network and that typically lasts for 1 min. at most.  Calls and voicemails are the problem.  If I call myself from a landline in my house, many times my phone won't ring and the voicemail takes 5-15mins to show up.  Has anyone has success with the Air Rave?  Would it be worth my while to try and get one?

Wizard

DPRITCHT77,

I have family members who have airaves and they love them, you do have to have a high-speed broadband internet service though. If the issues your describing are isolated to your home location then I would definitely recommend you getting an Airave. If you would like you can send me a private message and I will be happy to assist in sending you one if it's available in your area.

Journeyman

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/78766?tstart=0

Please post your iPhone 4/4g data speed issue in the above topic. So far thats the only topic Sprint pays attention to.

Journeyman

I turned off my roaming in setting because I was afraid Id be charged for it. Do they charge or is it free?

Master

If you are roaming there is no charge for that  but the minutes are taken from your anytime pool  no matter what type of call you are making.  This will increase the number of minutes you use.  So if you are close to using up your minutes you would want to monitor that use at sprint.com or *2  or you could  have overage.

Journeyman

Re: iPhone Constantly Switching To Roaming! Can't hardly use it!

I have an Airave because the Sprint signal isn't very good in my neighborhood and I have no problems with my phones switching to roaming. I do find the two tones that play when I answer or a call annoying.

Have you taken your iPhone to the Apple Store to have them check it out?

Journeyman

I am having the exact same problem.  I am a long time Sprint customer and my service has always been great in my home and area or regular travel.  I got a new Iphone 4s a couple of weeks ago.  The service has been fine but all of the sudden I only get a couple of bars and lots of dropped calls.  Reading through this board makes it clear that there is an issue that needs to be resolved.  I am in zip code 60607 in Chicago.  Any recommendations are appreciated.

Journeyman

I live in the 60607 zip code and signal is terrible switching from 1 or 2 bars for Sprint to Roaming constantly. I got an Airave which is great when it works..... I hope someday Sprint addresses our issues. C'mon!!! This is Downtown Chicago!!!

Wizard

blzcat & ChicagoWestSider, I took a look at the network in your zip and I did find couple network tickets out. The first one, (TRAMS# 11000) speaks to the capacity upgrades that we are currently performing. It appears the network in this zip is pretty busy (possible due to the university near by and the DRE). I encourge you to check out sprint.com/network for more information about updates being performed in your area.

In addition, I discovered that a tower near Jackson and Racine is down (TRAMS# 8773256). It looks like this tower has been having issues since February 28th and the ticket was last updated 4:02pm cst today so there are people out there right now working on it. The ETA is currently slated for 03/14. I can see that this tower being down in this already busy network can be very troublesome. Hopefully it will come back online early. If you have any questions, I encourge you to give us a call at 888.211.4727.

Journeyman

Thanks for update.  The issue is definitely in my neighborhood as my phone receives a strong signal when I leave the neighborhood.   I am home now and the signal and connection are still bad.

Journeyman

Me and my husband JUST switched to Sprint yesterday and we are already thinking about switching over to Verizon while we can still cancel. It had been nothing but dropped call after dropped call. It seems like it works perfect when it is NOT not on the Sprint network. What is this Airave I am hearing about?? Would that be something that could be offered for free or would I have to pay extra just so that I can use my OWN phone in my OWN home?? So far I am very disappointed with this switch we made.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat