Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone keeps losing service constantly

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone keeps losing service constantly

My wife and I both have the iPhone 6s Plus (She has Red Gold, I have Space Grey) . Her phone constantly says "No Service" or "Searching" while mine will have a perfectly good signal. We go everywhere together, yet she is the only one having this problem. I've double checked settings. I've reset network settings. I've re-seated the sim card. Keep in mind, this phone has been in a Lifeproof case its entire life. I'm at a loss as to what to do, and I'm not going to pay for the replacement phone when I know something has to be up. This is not an abused phone.

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Re: iPhone keeps losing service constantly

Hello Cameron_Calvert, give us the chance to take a look into the matter and find a solution for you. We'd like to take a look at your area coverage, in order to do so, please provide us your nearest cross street and ZIP code, so that we can accurately research the specific location.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

highway 109

putter point drive

Highlighted

Thank you for the information Cameron_Calvert, we have determined that the problems you have described are being caused by a cell site outage in your area. The good news is our team has already identified the issue and is working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience as we work to restore your regular service.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Was that same outage also in Allen Arena at Libscomb University, Nashville? Her phone kept disconnecting during the entire concert last night.

Highlighted

In this area, we have some a few areas with fair coverage, which means you may experience coverage gaps. However, in order for us to continue the troubleshooting process, we need to wait until the outage is resolved. We are dedicated to provide the best customer experience and will insure we resolve the problem as quickly as possible.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I currently have three iPhones on my account and two out of the three are constantly losing their service ("No Service" or "Searching") while the third will have a perfectly good signal. It even happens when we are all standing next to each other and yet two drop their service. I've double checked settings. I've reset network settings.  I as well am at a loss as to what to do, and I'm not going to pay for two replacement phones when I know something has to be up. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

then the problem is more than likely the devices themselves or the possible line they are on. the agents in here can refresh each one of those two lines from their side to see if that fixes it

out of curiosity what is affected? data/mms messages? voice and sms texts? all the above?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

When not on wifi all of the above is affected.  When on wifi they can still send and receive text to other iPhones only.  It's becoming real annoying. 

Journeyman

Sprint won’t tell you this but i resolved this issue by buying a new phone only because my wife was due anyway. In your case, what will happen is theyll want to send it off to apple. Apple will most likely say the issue isnt reproducable in their perfect conditions lab enviroment. Theyll reflash the phone from the board ( not lightning cable) and send it back. You will have to tell sprint that its still happening and that youre not satisfied with apple’s outcome. Sprint then should provide you with then option to replace with a refurb unless the device is under the orignal manufacturing warranty. Key is be persistant. Crap is not ok and youre paying for better than crap. /off soap box

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is any or all of them iphone 6s or 6s Plus by chance?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you.  I definitely don't want to have to fork over more money on new phones.  

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat