cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone question for current Sprint customers.

Journeyman PB5
Journeyman

Will Sprint allow those of us who signed 2 year contracts this summer to upgrade to the iPhone? I have been a customer for 10 years and I just signed another 2 year agreement in May 2011 with the LG Optimus phone.  Since the iPhone was not announced until September, would Sprint allow the upgrade price of $99 for the iphone 4 if I signed another 2 year contract. The LG Optimus is a HORRIBLE PHONE and it has become so slow that it is difficult to use. Not to mention the poor battery life. I had no idea that Sprint would be getting the iPhone or I would have waited until October to start a new contract.

2 REPLIES 2
Sprint Product Ambassador

Sure- however, you will not be eligible for any rebates or incentives on the price.  You will have to pay full retail for the device.

You can trade the Optimus in for credit to offset some of the cost of the iPhone.

https://secure2.sprintbuyback.com/consumer/

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

All cell phone companies subsidize phones with contracts; thus, the first several months of your bill actually go towards paying for a phone.  Sprint and the other cell phone companies would lose gobs of money if they did it any other way. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat