Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone with android voice mail text message

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone with android voice mail text message

I haven’t been able to use my iPhone voicemail feature for years! Everytime someone leave a voice mail I get a text message with the following : 

//ANDROID:MWI Notif turnOn mdn: 8106206471 CFGs3202.0=09fgzg3j9ua72jn0j2TDa//CM

I am am beyond confused and frustrated. Does anyone know of any solution?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hey Steve! That's got to be frustrating for sure! I'll be glad to troubleshoot this for you.  Was your old phone an Android and did you have Visual Voicemail setup on it? 

Hey Steve! I did some more research, That error pops up when one of two things has happened:

• your visual voicemail (VVM) has been de-registered and needs to be re-registered with the network.(most likely)
  • a third-party messaging app like Go SMS or Handcent is interfering with your VVM notifications.(least likely on iOS)

To re-register your VVM with the network, we'll want to reset the network settings on that iPhone. 

1. Tap the Settings app
  2. Tap General
  3. Tap Reset
  4. Tap Reset Network Settings

This process will remove Wi-Fi and VPN settings so you'll need to set those back up, but all of your other data on the iPhone will not be affected.  

Let me know if this works or you still need any further assistance!

Ok I’ll be sure to try it today when I’m home and off work. I’ll definitely let you know if the solution worked. Thank you 

Highlighted

You're welcome, Steve. Please let me know!

I tried the solution you suggested but it didn’t work 😔... I’m not sure what I can do to restore it to normal.

Highlighted

Dang! It's likely something on the back end that needs to be corrected.  If you could please send me a Private Message with your phone number and account PIN, I'll be able to dive deeper into this for you!

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat