cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone5 and iPhone4 to Sprint

Highlighted
Wizard

iPhone5 and iPhone4 to Sprint

I really don't care about this phone.  I do care that Sprint is gonna get a shot in the arm from this.

40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
Wizard

A suggestion was made some time ago and there was some evidence that Sprint would start using $79.99 as the starting point for the Unlimited plans rather than the $69.99 plus $10.00 premium data. I just read an Allthingsd article by Ina Fried that she was informed by Michelle Leff Mermelstein, a Sprint spokesperson, that the unlimited plan would be $69.99. It is disappointing that this mixed message is being sent. Sprint's website clearly shows $79.99 then in small letters below it states $69.99 +$10.00 Premium Data Add-on.

Is Sprint telling potential customers that the plan is $69.99 then surprising them with the $10.00 Premium Data Add-on? That won't sit well with the Apple crowd. Better to tell then straight out $79.99. There are already posts in the community saying that iPhone customers will get a better deal than the current smartphone customers. If the iPhone is launched as a non-data intensive device not requiring the $10.00 add-on, the elimination of the Premier program will pale in comparison to the uproar we will experience.

Sprint spokespeople need to know the impact any statement they make will have on social media.  Ina knew what she heard and she knew what to report. Dealing with the miscommunication of some Sprint representatives is becoming very frustrating.

dd

Highlighted

I read it has CDMA as well as GSM, is it good for international use?

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's the point of it. Internationally, you'll be able to buy/rent SIM cards to roam on international networks (which are predominantly GSM).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you checked the data plan for the other iphone sellers? $10 bucks is a bargain compared to the others with or without the small, teenie weenie, mirco, unable to see fine print.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is an OLD post, but I did not see anything in the Forum about the Sprint version of the new iPhone 5.

The Sprint iPhone 5 according to the back of the box will work on CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800/1900/2100MHz), UMTS/HPSA+/DC-HSDPA (850/900/1900/2100MHz), GSM/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900MHz), and LTE (Bands 1/3/5/13/25). It also gets WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat