Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone buy back

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone buy back

in the past i turned in an iphone to a sprint store , i also paid 200+ dollars to have complete ownership of that phone (as it was on a monthly payment arrangment). After paying that money and turning in that phone i was able to upgrade to a new iphone. Now, ive looked at my bill to see that ive been being charged monthly for the new phone. Ive been trying to get in touch with escalations for a week. theyve called and left a voicemail telling me to call back and ask for escalations. once i returned the phone call and asked for the escalations department the rep told me that they didnt have an escalations department. now i am on hold for going on 45 mins now and i do not understand what is going on. apparently no one ive spoken with can tell me anything nor do they understand. im very frustrated and completely over sprint as a whole. I guess the money that i paid and am continuing to pay is going into thin air because NOONE has any information about this issue

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

dissapearing iphone

update: after spending about an hour on hold and talking with a supervisor. i was told that i "never turned in the previous phone." this is completely ridiculous because i wouldnt have been able to upgrade my phone WITH OUT  turning in my previous phone. i am now on hold yet again. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: dissapearing iphone

did you return it in store, via mail back package? and how long ago was it done?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

it was too long ago , in december sometime. It was in store, i even gave them the name of the store associate that helped me. They have no record of it. they asked me if i had a receipt which i do not. im wondering if the store associate just kept the old phone . and opened me a new account with my current phone. 

Highlighted

I want to make sure I'm understanding what happened with the phone. Did you upgrade? Did you believe you were paying the fair market value of the phone? If you paid the fee to own the phone, why did you turn it in to the store?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted
Journeyman

i turned in the phone to upgrade. 

Highlighted
Wizard

Good morning. So you paid the remaining lease charges to the phone and then returned it, in order to upgrade correct? How you stated it above leads me to believe, that you paid the phone off and the phone was yours. Then, you later gave the phone back to Sprint.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yea 

Highlighted

Was a trade in offered, if you remember?

I'm going to send you a private message to get your account info. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat