cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need advice on why upgrade from 4s to 5 right now-how did you justify

Highlighted
Journeyman

need advice on why upgrade from 4s to 5 right now-how did you justify

Being <1 yr into the 4s, a 5 would be nice. I would like to know how others decided to take the plunge. My rationale is based on several points. My area isnt' 4G yet, and I've noticed more 4 & 5 bar times of day on the current 3G service-guess that extra $10 per mo is starting to bear fruit on the network. The new pin connector makes me nervous considering all of the accesories + cases etc.I have. Plus I still have hope that Sprint might end up with an Ipad someday-uh maybe. And even with the 250 credit Sprint would give me, I'd have to poney up another 400 & push contract out another 2 yrs. If it doesn't make dollars the decision doesn't make 'sense'. I'll wait for my 15 mo. clock to run out & get a discount 5 or new 5s next year.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: need advice on why upgrade from 4s to 5 right now-how did you justify

Sounds like the purchase price you are talking about is full retail price, which does not extend your contract. Contracts are only extened when you use an upgrade which you are probably not eligible for after only 1 year. You willl not be able to buy the phone at retail price, it has to be purchased using an upgrade or a new line of service. Sprint does not sell any world phones (sim card included for gsm use) at retail price.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: need advice on why upgrade from 4s to 5 right now-how did you justify

I would beg to argue, I perordered my iPhone 5 out of contract at full retail price through Sprint.com, I believe there is a pretty big misconception around this topic. Some retails stores were even refusing to see iPhones at full retail price, but it is Sprint's policy to sell phones without a contract extension if paying the full retail price.....but to answer her question. I chose to upgrade from the 4s to 5 because of LTE, the bigger screen, improved camera, and faster processor. I also am one of those people who have to have the latest and greatest, and I had a $100 Apple giftcard and decided to use it towards the phone. So $325 for the 4S, plus $100 from giftcard= $425. $700 (including taxes, etc)-425= $275, so only $75 more and I don't have to extend my contract.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat