Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock iPhone 6s and 7 failed attempts

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

unlock iPhone 6s and 7 failed attempts

I have an iphone 6s+ and 7+ of which both are paid off and active for 2 and 1 years respectively.  The first unlock attempt, I received a submission confirmation on the same day for the 6s and 2 days later on the 7.  Both unlocks apparently failed, but nobody in customer service knows why.  The 6s is already past the 48 hour waiting period on the second unlock attempt and it is still locked.  Each time I am told that the unlock will work.  What do I need to do???

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

@JD0, when an Apple device still indicates locked when inserting a foreign SIM, you need to tether it to iTunes with an active internet connection to complete the unlock process (click backup, erase, restore). Please try it if you haven't already. 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I have done this and it still is saying that Sprint has my phone locked. I have done everything and it all points to Sprint, saying they are not really unlocking the phones. Can someone on here help me since no one on the customer service phone line can? If I can't use my paid off phone, then I want a refund. There is no use for it if I can't call/text from it. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat