cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock iphone 4s after 2 years contract

Journeyman

Re: unlock iphone 4s after 2 years contract

off couse they did not want to unlock. (for other carriers).  they even did not allow you to use an old sprint iphone to their service. They said you need to buy a new iphone to use their service.

Journeyman

Do not believe any thing that sprint says about unlocking your device for domestic use, and don't loose your money like me and go through hours of arguments on the phone and weeks of frustration. Though some customer care folks give you MSL number, that is useless. Sprint is just playing with your time.

I am a current sprint customer. I have an old Iphone 4S, bought with sprint.Since I upgraded to iphone 5, this 4S is not being used for almost a year. I decided to give it to a cousin, who just need a voice and text plan. I am getting as low as $25 plan from an other carrier so I decided to go with them.Before ordering SIM with new carrier, I contacted sprint to get my 4S unlocked, for "DOMESTIC" so that I can use with other carriers. Need to mention one thing, my 4S was unlocked for international use 2 years ago, I was very specific about DOMESTIC unlock when I called sprint and talking to their rep. After 30 min hassle dealing with an Asian rep, I was directed to some one in US. This new rep told me that I can use the phone with another US carrier as I am done with 2 yrs contract on 4S. Gave me MSL number and told that my new carrier can be able to unlock the device with MSL number. So I went ahead placed order with new carrier online, paying for SIM, one month service and Activation fee( Total about $100). Once I received the SIM, my 4S did not recognize, so contacted my new carrier, then sprint, then apple. No one could help  me. AppleCare rep called sprint customer care, he was on the line with me for two and hours. My call was escalated 3 times. Every new person trying to tell me the same thing, "sprint do not allow you to use your sprint Iphone on a domestic carrier". Then why the hell did you tell me that's possible in the first place. I would not have spend $100 for nothing. The people were very rude. Circling back and forth on same thing, wasting max time that they could. They said

Apologies for mis communication by original analyst. They should not even give that MSL number. But when I asked for compensation for their misinformation  costed me, they showed me how rude they can be, saying that no sprint analyst would tell that, or may be they thought you are asking for international unlocking not domestic. Or may be that I tricked the analyst asking for international unlock to get MLS code and now making wrong claims now, so on... I asked them to check the call recording they have. They said they don't record every call... I have to wait for 5 business days to know whether my initial conversation was recorded or not.. Result as expected... your call was not recorded... we don't have any proof that our analyst gave you MLS code for domestic unlocking....I had to loose my money for trusting sprinting, and get humiliated... in another 6 months I will be done with my contract.... will never think about sprint again in future..... Thanks sprint for OPENING MY EYES....

Master

KRMR07,
I am truly sorry about that experience. We do not want anything like that to ever happen again. We would hate to see you go. Here is an actual link with details about the limitations for unlocking devices: http://bit.ly/O7qKfK.
If you need assistance with anything else, don't hesitate to reach out.
Regards,
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

If you read thru all the strings on the unlock of an iPhone 4s, you will find that Sprint will not do it for domestic use. We got tired of waiting and talking to their service people, so I took our two iPhone 4S's to  Ting - mobile that makes sense , a Sprint reseller recently and have cut our bill from $150/month to around $50. Still on Sprint circuits, but unless we go nuts with data or international calls, we should save a bundle each month. You can tether devices on them too, if you can stand the slow 3G speeds.

So for now anyway, we are immune to all the misinformation from Sprint Care. They know what I mean, now we will wait them out and maybe at the end of it the 4S phones we own will be released from hostage, as is only fair, since we paid full price for them over the 2 year contract.

Journeyman

Dear Sprint,

I bought an iPhone 4S from ebay and the user has completed a 2 year contract with you. I am from India and uses our local available services but as this phone is carrier locked, I am unable to use it here in India. Please do needful to unlock my iPhone ( imei no 99 000105 633562 3

Master

chattarpur According to our unlocking policy we are unable to unlock your device. For more information please go to sprint.com/unlock .
- Naomi
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat