cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock questions

Highlighted
Journeyman

unlock questions

I had called Wednesday night and was told that my phone would be unlocked within 36-46 hours I believe it was. I have potted my number to a new carrier yesterday and they had put their SIM card into the phone and told me that it should be fine. If I do not have the sprint SIM card in, will it still work? I had read that if you have apple, it should still work but I want to make sure.

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: unlock questions

To ensure a successful unlock. the phone has to have the Sprint SIM in it. It also needs to be powered on and charged up. It'll need to be connected to WiFi. When did you put the new carrier's SIM in? Did you get any error when the phone was powered on after the new SIM was put in?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

i had placed the sim in the day after calling and my current carrier said it would not affect the unlocking process and to make sure, I had called sprint and they said it should be fine.

GrandMaster

if you put the other carriers sim card in the day after requesting it to be unlocked it might not have received the unlock code yet..which would cause the phone to not be unlocked but show up on Sprints side unlocked. there is another method for Apple devices but i think its a different process they must do. the agent above can walk you through that one.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Good morning. Is the phone unlocked now or are you getting an error?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

It’s not unlocked yet but I had contacted sprint last night and they had said that even though the sprint SIM card is not inside the phone, the unlock process will still go through. I’m still in the unlocking process time frame as I was told it would take 2 to 5 days so it should be unlocked tomorrow 

Wizard

Alright. Well let me know how it goes. I want to make sure that it gets done.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat