cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 iPhone 7 Plus Blacklisted by Sprint?

Journeyman

2017 iPhone 7 Plus Blacklisted by Sprint?

Hello @Sprint_Jeffrey , in 2017 I bought an iPhone and it seems to be blacklisted by Sprint. How can I find out which was the problem and why it was blacklisted?

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
GrandMaster

Re: 2017 iPhone 7 Plus Blacklisted by Sprint?

because it was either previously from TMO or ATT or its been reported as stolen or is flagged due to money still owed on it etc from whichever carrier it was originally with  would be my guess. this is the Apple list of accepted devices that can be brought in as a BYOD..

Apple

iPad 9.7" 5th Generation

iPad 9.7" 6th Generation

iPad Air

iPad Air 2

iPad Air Refresh

iPad Mini 3

iPad Mini 4 

iPad PRO 10.5"

iPad PRO 11"

iPad PRO 12.9"

iPad PRO 12.9" 1st Generation

iPad PRO 12.9" 3rd Generation

iPhone 5C (T-Mobile/ATT Models not supported)

iPhone 5S (T-Mobile/ATT Models not supported)

iPhone 6 (Doesn't support 2.5Ghz LTE Band)

iPhone 6 Plus (Doesn't support 2.5Ghz LTE Band)

iPhone 6S

iPhone 6S Plus

iPhone 7(T-Mobile/ATT Models not supported)

iPhone 7 Plus(T-Mobile/ATT Models not supported)<<<~~~

iPhone 8(T-Mobile/ATT Models not supported)

iPhone 8 Plus(T-Mobile/ATT Models not supported)

iPhone SE (Doesn't support 2.5Ghz LTE Band)

iPhone X (T-Mobile/ATT Models not supported)

iPhone XS

iPhone XR

iPhone XS Max

Watch - Series 4

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks @fireguy_6364 

This is an iPhone 7 Plus that I bough new in box, in a local store. After using it for about 2 years, now it is throwing signal problems and the local GSM authority reports that it has been blocked by SPRINT US on

On: 2017-01-31 06:41:00

I bought it in April 2017, in Argentina (I am Argentinian). I just do not understand how can Sprint block the phone I bought on Argentina and never used it on other carrier.

GrandMaster

that part im not to sure of. one of the agents in here will have to answer that one.

so it was purchased new in the box but not from Sprint? but its a Sprint phone?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes, it was new in a sealed box. No Sprint logo or tags that I can remember. Maybe I am victim of a scam, or an error from Sprint.

Is there any Sprint agent on the forum?

Thanks.

GrandMaster

its possible. i wouldnt think Sprint would sell devices outside of the U.S since they are only here. personally i would stick with fully factory unlocked devices directly from the OEM so there is little chance of running into stuff like this.

i'll see if i can locate an agent for you.

Journeyman

That would be really helpful. In argentina we did not have any Apple stores. There was no official way yo buy an iPhone.
Besides that, it is strange that a Sprint phone was sold in Argentina.
GrandMaster

i can tell you one sure thing you would need if it did in fact lock back to Sprint some how is a Sprint sim card..

actually there is another way that it can be done without a Sprint sim card but same deal..the agent will need to walk you through that one as well.

Journeyman

Just to be clear: the problem Is that the iphone IMEI Is blacklisted in GSM global blacklists by Sprint. The iPhone is not sim locked.
Community Manager

PM me your MEID and I will have a look.

@feliperuiz wrote:
Just to be clear: the problem Is that the iphone IMEI Is blacklisted in GSM global blacklists by Sprint. The iPhone is not sim locked.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am I have sent you the IMEI.

Thanks!

Journeyman

Also sent the MEID.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat