cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50 day rule - getting the run around for 3 weeks

Highlighted
Journeyman

50 day rule - getting the run around for 3 weeks

We paid off our phones from Sprint and fulfilled the contract. My phone had to be replaced right about the same time, and was covered under the insurance. Two of our 4 phones were unlocked. The customer service people told my husband that it is usually 50 days with a new phone on the service before it will be unlocked. They told my husband they would expedite it because it was a replacement since they could not repair my phone. He has been told to call back in 24-72 hours several times. Today he was told AGAIN that it couldn’t be done until the end of the month. We have fulfilled our Sprint obligation. Now they are trying to keep us on their billing? What other reason is there that we cannot have a phone that we own outright unlocked? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: 50 day rule - getting the run around for 3 weeks

Hello! Let's help you out with that. Send me a private message with a proof of the replacement, the IMEI that was replaced and the new one, the account holder's name, phone number, security PIN or the answer to the security question. Click on my name and select "send a message". 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello, I have a similar situation. I've paid for my I-phone 11, in full back in December, but it was short on the 50-day activation requirement. Meanwhile, I've sold the phone to a friend but they cannot activate it because of this.  Please let me know if you're able to help me. Thank you, Hope.

Highlighted
Community Manager

There aren't many exceptions to this rule, hk64.  If you had an iPhone 11 that was previously active on that line (and met the 50 day requirement) but had to get it replaced through insurance, we could probably get that done.  If that the case?

If this was a newly purchased iPhone 11 that was simply deactivated before the 50 days, unfortunately the rule stands. 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello, thanks for the reply. Yes that's kind of what happened. The phone line was active for years, but then about 1 week prior to canceling service, the iphone broke and a new one was claimed on insurance or purchased....can't remember which one exactly. But if it was purchased, it was purchased outright I'm not taking advantage of any promo deals. Please let me know if you have a way of validating the situation if you can look up the record on my account from six months ago. Thank you for your support.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat