cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding unlocked iPhone IMEI to Sprint database

Journeyman

Adding unlocked iPhone IMEI to Sprint database

I have an iPhone 8 from Verizon that I would like to activate on my account but they don't show up in the sprint database when I put in the IMEI number.  How do I get the numbers into the Sprint Database? If I cannot add the phone to my Sprint account I will have to cancel my service.

31 REPLIES 31
Sprint Social Care

Re: Adding unlocked iPhone IMEI to Sprint database

Hello stiggysaurus, let's get this situation resolved. I have received and replied to your Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the same issue. Can you please resolve

Journeyman

Same issue with iPhone 6.  Any solutions?? Called customer service three times and got zero resolutions.  They want me to purchase new phone and I’d rather not.  It’s for my young son.  I’ve been a sprint customer forever and am very frustrated with this. 

Sprint Social Care

Cass,

Hey! Let's take a closer look into this. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Can someone please help me too

Sprint Social Care

Sure murthy2k3, I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have an iphone 4S that I bought from the site Amazon, but unfortunately I found it locked and I would very much like to have your help for unlocking. I look forward to your response, all my thanks.  here is the information of my iphone 4s 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hello moro12, in order for the device to be unlocked, there are some requirements that need to meet.

• The device is SIM Unlock capable
  • The device must be or have been active on the Sprint network for a minimum of 50 days
  • Any associated Service Agreement (or any Minimum Service Term, where applicable), Installment Billing Agreement, or Lease Agreement has been fulfilled including, but not limited to, payment in full of any applicable: 1) early termination fees, 2) accelerated installment or lease payments, and/or 3) end-of-lease purchase options. Because leased devices are not owned by the user, the end of lease purchase option must be exercised and paid in full before the SIM unlock is completed.
  • The associated account is in good standing
  • The device has not been reported as lost or stolen, associated with fraudulent activity, or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked.

For SIM unlock-capable devices (generally most devices launched after February 2015), Sprint will automatically unlock postpaid devices when they becomes eligible.

You can get more information about our unlock policy by clicking here.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

Also please know that the iPhone 4S is not eligible to be unlocked through Domestic SIM Unlock (DSU), which is in reference to a functionality introduced for devices in February 2015, that allows a carrier to send a signal to handset that "unlocks" the device from the Sprint SIM.

Please note, while we can provide the MSL code to eligible customers, this does not mean that device will be accepted by another carrier or interoperate with another carrier's network.

For devices that are not SIM Unlock-capable, we may be able to provide a Master Subsidy Lock ("MSL") code to eligible equipment.

The iPhone 4S can also be unlocked for International usage.

If the device has all these requirements, feel free to send us a Private Message so that we can continue to assist you.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you for your understanding

Journeyman

Please can I send code MSL to unlocked my iphone 4s PLS HELP ME

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat