Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 3 Sprint Problems

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Apple Watch Series 3 Sprint Problems

I just got the Apple Watch with Cellular today and can pair the watch to my iPhone 7plus running IOS 11 without problem but the Watch/Phone cannot complete the cellular setup.  It fails with a provisioning error after I select the $15 plan.     Nobody can help.  Sprint to Sprint Store to Assurian to Spring to Apple back to Sprint -- all night long-- nobody has a clue from Apple, Sprint or Assurian what to do.   Apple support even said I needed a sim card.   The apple store said I didn't need anything from Sprint except by passcode to set it up.  The online Sprint rep said I needed an additional phone line.  And the final support person said there is no way you can make phone calls from a watch.    This may be the worst product launch I have seen.   Even Apple reps are confused on this one.   Yet here I am 12 hours later and nowhere to turn.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Apple Watch Series 3 Sprint Problems

Sprint family, I've created a new thread for you to Get Help with Apple Watch Enablement Errors. Please take a look at each of the troubleshooting steps listed in the first post.  If you've checked each of those areas and are still unable to activate your watch, you may post in the thread and an agent will be happy to assist.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Congratulation for your new Apple watch INchicagoMn. Let's get this fixed for you so you enjoy your new device. I just sent you a Private Message, take a look at your inbox when you have a chance.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Having the same problems.

Enablement error: We are unable to process your request at this time due to account level settings set by your account owner.  Please contact your account owner/manager for assistance.

I contacted sprint customer service and got told I needed to add a mobile hot spot (not going to do), select the watch as an add on service (which isn't available anywhere for me to do) to lastly bring it into the store to have it looked at as the watch may not work on Sprint service since I bought it from a non-Sprint store (though the watch can hook up to all cellular providers).  

In other words they can't help me and have no idea as well.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

LUNAFUS1, the Apple Watch Series 3 delivers cellular connectivity independently of your iPhone but must share the same carrier. We're currently looking into this issue so we can resolve it as soon as possible. I sent you a message too for further help.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is what I did.  Go to google voice and disconnect your phone from that account.   You should be able to then provision the watch. .    I just did all that and confirmed the watch worked.   Then I went back to google voice and reactivated my account and phones.  I don’t know if the watch works but I need to test that yet completely 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't believe I have google voice even attached to my number.  At least I have never personally set it up.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Thanks for sharing this workaround INchicagoMn. LUNAFUS1, I received your message, but it would be great to confirm if that step works for you too. Please follow the next steps:

1. Go to Google Voice and log on with Google Account information.
  2. Click Settings icon.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. In Settings, click Disable. (Here it should display if your Sprint number is attached to Google voice. If it does, go to the next step.)
  5. At prompt, click Disable Sprint Account.
  6. Google disables the Sprint Account.
  7. Sprint Phone number is removed from Google Voice.

If it doesn't work, please check your inbox for further assistance.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I don’t have the number linked to Google Voice, so that’s a no go 😕

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

LUNAFUS1, understood. I'll continue assisting you Privately.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issues. I've called more than 15 times, 2 store visits, 2 apple store visits. And still no service on my Apple Watch.

It fails to provision with the following message: ENABLEMENT ERROR

Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 1.54.50 PM.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well the above did allow me to get the watch working but it ultimately broke Google Voice. Now I am screwed and can’t remvoe Google Voice. The error keeps saying to call Sprint to remove google voice 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi folks, please check to see if you have selective call blocking set up in your Sprint.com Preferences. If so, please remove the block and try the activation again. I have seen that affect GV and other services which transfer a call from one number to another (as the Apple watch will do since the watch has its own cellular number).

If this works, you should be able to reenable call blocking once the activation is complete.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat