cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 5 No Cellular Connection

Journeyman

Apple Watch Series 5 No Cellular Connection

Hi There,

I just picked up an Apple Watch Series 5 today and after spending 2.5 hours in the store with the sales associate and a manager, they were not able to get the cellular connection working on my Apple Watch. I may end up returning it soon if I cannot get it working.

They tried calling Apple and weren't able to get it working. They also tried calling Sprints Support line from the store and still couldn't get it working. It basically freezes "blank white screen" after the 9-1-1 Info Screen. 

We've tried unparing, reseting and setup cellular later and still nothing worked. Anyone have any ideas?

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Apple Watch Series 5 No Cellular Connection

Good morning. while at the store, did they determine the device was working correctly? Did you have or created a sprint.com account? 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi. Thank you for responding. They didn’t think it was the device because it was working on wifi. The associate and manager said that they experienced the same problem a few days prior while activating another customers Series 5 Watch, but they couldn’t recall how the issue was finally resolved.
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

That's not very comforting. Let's give this a shot and get your device activated. I first we need to take a look at the account and make sure all is up to par. Please send us a private message with your name, account holders name, phone number, account PIN or answer to the security question.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Juan I just sent you the private message. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I got the message thanks. We'll continue the conversation in private. 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

How did you fix this? We are having the same issue
Highlighted
Journeyman

After dealing with the issue for 4 days I decided to return the watch to sprint. The service I received from Juan through this community group was awesome, but we tried a few different things including removing the original line the watch was attached to and still no fix. Sorry I don’t have an answer.
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi Amhardin ! I want to do what I can to help you out. Do you already have a line associated with the Apple Watch? Did you try all the steps? What happens when you try to complete them? 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I tried everything. I get a white screen when it tried to connect to sprint after you enter the 911 information. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Gotcha! I'd like to try something else. Please send me a Private Message with your account info, so that I can take a closer look into this. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Please let me know if you guys are able to resolve the "White Screen of Death" issue. Lol! I'd still consider getting a watch if I know for certain that i won't have to deal with activating it. It should not be this hard. Thanks,

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat