cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought phone from someone but i can’t use my sim on it

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bought phone from someone but i can’t use my sim on it

Hello, new to the community. I’m here to request help because I recently bought an iPhone 6 from a person who had this phone connected to sprint (boost) I tried to put my SIM card in (MetroPCS) and it said that the sim is not supported and then it says that I can request that this iPhone to be unlocked. But I don’t even know the seller’s information. I just have the phone, nothing else. Any help? I’ve seen some threads where they asked for an IMEI or something like that.

2 REPLIES 2
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Bought phone from someone but i can’t sue my sim on it

I can look up the IMEI for you. I have to warn though, if I get a reading that the phone is locked, the original customer has to unlock it. If you want to check on it, just send me a private message with the IMEI. You can also check the BYOD compatibility tool at www.sprint.com/bringyourphone.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Bought phone from someone but i can’t sue my sim on it

I'm sorry I'm not able to help with this phone. Based on the response when looking up the IMEI, I need to refer you to Boost for the unlock. You will probably still have to have the original customer help with this.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat